Citizen Cope’s music like therapy

Citizen Cope is what happens when blues, reggae, rock, moving lyrics and catchy beats are all mixed together. Similar to college favorites such as Sublime, Jack Johnson and Bob Marley, the erythematic sounds of Citizen Cope keeps listeners singing the lyrics long after the CD has played through.

Whether you first heard him on The O.C. or during a car commercial, Cope is something people will hear, recognize and remember. The beat is something to be listened to while getting ready with your friends for a night out, or as background music during a drive to South Beach.

The inspirational 11 tracks will have anyone keeping the album on repeat. Track four, titled “Son’s Gonna Rise,” features Carlos Santana and a bob-your-head kind of rhythm. Noteworthy track five titled, “Sideways,” features away message-worthy lyrics, such as “You know it ain’t easy, for these thoughts here to leave me. There’s no words to describe it, in French or in English. ‘Cause diamonds they fade and flowers they bloom and I’m telling you, these feelings won’t go away.” Lyrics such as these are not only powerful but they are all throughout the songs, making the album as a whole very memorable.

So whether you want to listen to highly expressive music written about real life situations or just something to make the day a little bit brighter, Citizen Cope’s bluesy yet determined album will help anyone cope with this crazy world that is life.

Jessica Marquez can be contacted at j.marquez@umiami.edu.

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

It took a long time for Dewan Hernandez to reach a point of acceptance for what happened to his juni ...

The life of a fullback isn’t always glamorous, even 15 years ago before the position was essentially ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Two University of Miami a cappella groups, Tufaan and BisCaydence, celebrated big wins in different ...

After Alabama’s governor signed into law the most-stringent anti-abortion bill in the nation, UM exp ...

Chris McMahon struck out six over five shutout innings to earn his first win since April 6. ...

Miami's Second Varsity Four earned a bronze medal at the 2019 ACC Rowing Championships Saturday ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is the ITA Southeast Region Arthur Ashe ...

100 days until Miami – Florida LVI. The countdown is on. ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...