UMNEWS – Two lectures look at effects of music on brain

As part of the Stamps Family Distinguished Visitors Series, Donald A. Hodges will be a visiting lecturer at the Frost School of Music from March 1 to 3. On March 1 at 8:00 p.m., Hodges will present “What’s Going on in There? Peaking into the Music Brain” in the Victor E. Clarke Recital Hall located in the Weeks Center for Recording and Performance. On March 3 at 9:00 a.m., he will present “Can Neuroscience tell us whether Music Makes us Smarter” in Broby Hall located in the Broby Wing. Both lectures are free and open to the public.

Hodges is Covington Distinguished Professor of Music Education and director of the Music Research Institute at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. He is contributing editor of the Handbook of Music Psychology and the accompanying Multimedia Companion and has published book chapters, articles and research papers on music education and music psychology. He has served on the editorial boards of Music Educators Journal and Update: Applications of Research in Music Education.

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...