UMNEWS – Citizens Board offers students unique opportunities

The Citizens Board Research and Creativity Contest information and entrepreneurship information session will be held on Jan. 25 in the Storer Auditorium at 2:00 p.m. Students will be given the opportunity to showcase their original research before other students, faculty, administrators and the public during a viewing session in the University Center. Judges will provide feedback on the work presented, and cash awards will be presented at a luncheon in honor of the winners. Also, find out about the major in entrepreneurship and the Annual Rothschild Entrepreneurship Contest held each spring semester.

New undergrad research on campus

The University of Miami’s first undergraduate research journal, Inquiry, is looking for editors, photographers and assistants and anyone with journalism experience. For more information, contact Candace at c.glenn1@umiami.edu.

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...