Dear V

I have a wonderful boyfriend and let’s just say that we have an amazing sex life. I didn’t think my boyfriend had anything to complain about but recently he’s been pressuring me into inviting either another guy or another girl for a threesome. I am a devout Catholic, and I love my boyfriend. We’ve been together now for seven months and it’s been absolute bliss. I really have no desire to share him with anyone. Nor would I want to have him share me with someone else.

I don’t know what to do. I have told him what I think about this, but how can I make him understand that I’m just not interested in participating?

-Distraught pleasure queen

Dear Reader,

Your quandary is totally understandable. And, in my opinion, your problem is fairly typical; it is undeniable that there will always be differences between a couple in any or every aspect of a romantic relationship. One of the toughest parts of any relationship (friendship or otherwise) is learning how to navigate these differences without letting the whole thing blow up and completely losing the person you care so much about.

Obviously at this point breaking up with your boyfriend is not an option. However, I also believe that participating in or feeling obligated (i.e. feeling pressured) to participate in any kind of sexual activity against will is completely not cool and is in fact a violation of dignity. For the record, rape can and does happen within the confines of a relationship. And, let’s face the practicalities here-if you’re not into the idea of having a threesome, things just aren’t going to be pleasant for you in the heat of the moment.

Yes, it’s unsettling to realize that your boyfriend wants to sleep with someone else, and yes it’s hurtful to know that the sexual dynamic of your relationship is not completely in sync. But, I say stick to your guns right now. Perhaps one day you might warm to the idea of engaging in a threesome, but until then don’t. And, if your boyfriend continues to pressure you. you might want to reexamine the relationship as a whole.

Best of luck!

V.

Fact O’ the Day.About 42 percent of sexually active women achieve orgasm during intercourse.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com or drop V a line in her box in the office of The Hurricane. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

V. is a senior majoring in psychology and creative writing.

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...