The Starting Five

Guard Renee Taylor 5′ 2” Junior

Taylor, a transfer from Monroe Community College, will have to fill the void from the graduation of Yalonda McCormick. Last season Taylor averaged more than 30 points per game in leading MCC to consecutive NJCAA National Championships.

Guard Katie Hayek 5′ 9” Senior

Used as a three-point and defensive specialist off the bench in previous years, Hayek will be asked to play increased minutes to help keep a young team stable. Hayek was one of only five Hurricanes to play in all 29 games.

Forward Melissa Knight 5′ 11” Redshirt Senior

Knight returns after missing all of last season due to the second ACL injury of her career. She is one of the leaders of this year’s Hurricanes, expected to lock down opponents’ best scorers and provide a consistent offensive threat. She is 10th in school history in three-pointers made.

Forward Tamara James 5′ 10” Senior

James has been the ‘Canes’ attention-getter throughout her four years in Coral Gables. She finished second in the nation in scoring last season and was nominated for every major award this preseason. She is currently third in school history in points per game (20) and could challenge Maria Rivera’s school record of 2,358 career points.

Center Amy Audibert 6′ 3” Junior

After playing sparingly as a freshman, Audibert made seven starts in 18 appearances last season, netting a career-high 12 points against Coppin State. Because teams like Duke and North Carolina boast size to complement its shooters, Audibert, a native of Ontario, will be critical to Miami’s low-post game.

The losses keep coming for Miami Hurricanes football and Mark Richt. And this feels like the biggest ...

The University of Miami is on the verge of losing the architect of one of the nation’s best defenses ...

The postseason acknowledgments continue to roll in for Gerald Willis. The Miami Hurricanes defensive ...

It is recruiting season in college football, and the Miami Hurricanes have one particular commitment ...

The early signing period is right around the corner and the Miami Hurricanes have plenty of work to ...

UM public relations students unveiled their plans to reposition March for Our Lives to attract colle ...

The answer to that question may impact what happens to the European Union. ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...