The Starting Five

Guard Renee Taylor 5′ 2” Junior

Taylor, a transfer from Monroe Community College, will have to fill the void from the graduation of Yalonda McCormick. Last season Taylor averaged more than 30 points per game in leading MCC to consecutive NJCAA National Championships.

Guard Katie Hayek 5′ 9” Senior

Used as a three-point and defensive specialist off the bench in previous years, Hayek will be asked to play increased minutes to help keep a young team stable. Hayek was one of only five Hurricanes to play in all 29 games.

Forward Melissa Knight 5′ 11” Redshirt Senior

Knight returns after missing all of last season due to the second ACL injury of her career. She is one of the leaders of this year’s Hurricanes, expected to lock down opponents’ best scorers and provide a consistent offensive threat. She is 10th in school history in three-pointers made.

Forward Tamara James 5′ 10” Senior

James has been the ‘Canes’ attention-getter throughout her four years in Coral Gables. She finished second in the nation in scoring last season and was nominated for every major award this preseason. She is currently third in school history in points per game (20) and could challenge Maria Rivera’s school record of 2,358 career points.

Center Amy Audibert 6′ 3” Junior

After playing sparingly as a freshman, Audibert made seven starts in 18 appearances last season, netting a career-high 12 points against Coppin State. Because teams like Duke and North Carolina boast size to complement its shooters, Audibert, a native of Ontario, will be critical to Miami’s low-post game.

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...