The Starting Five

Guard Renee Taylor 5′ 2” Junior

Taylor, a transfer from Monroe Community College, will have to fill the void from the graduation of Yalonda McCormick. Last season Taylor averaged more than 30 points per game in leading MCC to consecutive NJCAA National Championships.

Guard Katie Hayek 5′ 9” Senior

Used as a three-point and defensive specialist off the bench in previous years, Hayek will be asked to play increased minutes to help keep a young team stable. Hayek was one of only five Hurricanes to play in all 29 games.

Forward Melissa Knight 5′ 11” Redshirt Senior

Knight returns after missing all of last season due to the second ACL injury of her career. She is one of the leaders of this year’s Hurricanes, expected to lock down opponents’ best scorers and provide a consistent offensive threat. She is 10th in school history in three-pointers made.

Forward Tamara James 5′ 10” Senior

James has been the ‘Canes’ attention-getter throughout her four years in Coral Gables. She finished second in the nation in scoring last season and was nominated for every major award this preseason. She is currently third in school history in points per game (20) and could challenge Maria Rivera’s school record of 2,358 career points.

Center Amy Audibert 6′ 3” Junior

After playing sparingly as a freshman, Audibert made seven starts in 18 appearances last season, netting a career-high 12 points against Coppin State. Because teams like Duke and North Carolina boast size to complement its shooters, Audibert, a native of Ontario, will be critical to Miami’s low-post game.

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...