Coach’s Corner

You guys went through some Georgia Tech preparations earlier this season before the game was cancelled. Has anything changed since then?

Not a lot has changed. I think they’re very similar. We do have a couple more game tapes that we can go off of. We’ve broken those tapes down and evaluated them, but not a lot has changed from what we’ve seen.

Kyle Wright had a career day at Wake Forest. Do you still see him improving week by week?

No doubt about it. I expected him to improve week by week, and that’s what’s in his future. He’s still a young player and we expect him to get better week by week.

Javon Nanton has re-emerged at defensive end. What do you like about him?

He plays very hard, he’s experienced; he’s an older player and really has a knack for that first quick step off the edge when he’s rushing the passer.

How do you get your guys to not talk too much about post-season possibilities?

I think we have to let them know, even though I think they do know this, that we haven’t won anything yet. We’ve been around these types of situations before. Playing for national championships, trying to get into that mix and knowing we have to win every week, so it’s really not new to us. So they pretty much understand that.

Day or night games at the Orange Bowl and why?

I think the night games are special, especially against an opponent like this, because I think we get the crowd out and they can really ride us and get into it, which gets our guys pretty motivated.

Send any questions for Larry Coker to e.kalis@umiami.edu.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...