Coach’s Corner

You guys went through some Georgia Tech preparations earlier this season before the game was cancelled. Has anything changed since then?

Not a lot has changed. I think they’re very similar. We do have a couple more game tapes that we can go off of. We’ve broken those tapes down and evaluated them, but not a lot has changed from what we’ve seen.

Kyle Wright had a career day at Wake Forest. Do you still see him improving week by week?

No doubt about it. I expected him to improve week by week, and that’s what’s in his future. He’s still a young player and we expect him to get better week by week.

Javon Nanton has re-emerged at defensive end. What do you like about him?

He plays very hard, he’s experienced; he’s an older player and really has a knack for that first quick step off the edge when he’s rushing the passer.

How do you get your guys to not talk too much about post-season possibilities?

I think we have to let them know, even though I think they do know this, that we haven’t won anything yet. We’ve been around these types of situations before. Playing for national championships, trying to get into that mix and knowing we have to win every week, so it’s really not new to us. So they pretty much understand that.

Day or night games at the Orange Bowl and why?

I think the night games are special, especially against an opponent like this, because I think we get the crowd out and they can really ride us and get into it, which gets our guys pretty motivated.

Send any questions for Larry Coker to e.kalis@umiami.edu.

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

University of Miami true freshman quarterback Jarren Williams was not at practice on Tuesday morning ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ The Hurricanes, who began the offseason with five highly sk ...

There’s no doubt who the starting quarterback is at the University of Miami. As for those other thre ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...

Several members of Miami's highly-rated recruiting class have entered fall camp hungry to prove ...

Two University of Miami Track and Field athletes represented their respective countries at the Europ ...