Coach’s Corner

You guys went through some Georgia Tech preparations earlier this season before the game was cancelled. Has anything changed since then?

Not a lot has changed. I think they’re very similar. We do have a couple more game tapes that we can go off of. We’ve broken those tapes down and evaluated them, but not a lot has changed from what we’ve seen.

Kyle Wright had a career day at Wake Forest. Do you still see him improving week by week?

No doubt about it. I expected him to improve week by week, and that’s what’s in his future. He’s still a young player and we expect him to get better week by week.

Javon Nanton has re-emerged at defensive end. What do you like about him?

He plays very hard, he’s experienced; he’s an older player and really has a knack for that first quick step off the edge when he’s rushing the passer.

How do you get your guys to not talk too much about post-season possibilities?

I think we have to let them know, even though I think they do know this, that we haven’t won anything yet. We’ve been around these types of situations before. Playing for national championships, trying to get into that mix and knowing we have to win every week, so it’s really not new to us. So they pretty much understand that.

Day or night games at the Orange Bowl and why?

I think the night games are special, especially against an opponent like this, because I think we get the crowd out and they can really ride us and get into it, which gets our guys pretty motivated.

Send any questions for Larry Coker to e.kalis@umiami.edu.

Boston College star Ky Bowman came down with a 102-degree fever on Saturday night. Jordan Chatman an ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Sunday: ▪ New UM defensive coordinator Blake Baker has asked UM ...

Emese Hof and No. 20 Miami think they can play with anyone, and it shows. Hof scored 18 of her 25 po ...

New University of Miami baseball head coach Gino DiMare wanted to start strong. He got perfection. T ...

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The Hurricanes dropped a tight contest with the Eagles in Chestnut Hill, 64-57. ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

Junior Renate Grimstad led the way for Miami and is tied for 18th at one-over-par, while sophomore K ...