Coach’s Corner

How do you get your team to not overlook Wake Forest after such a big win?

It’s not that hard because we haven’t gotten to where we all want to get to at the end of the season yet. And when we look at Wake Forest, they have some pretty good talent, so we definitely can’t take them lightly.

What impressed you the most on Saturday?

The intensity with which our defense played I think was tremendous and really helped our football team win that game.

Tyrone Moss is done for the season with an ACL injury. Do you see the running back job being in the hands of only Charlie Jones or a combination of all the backs?

Well our number one guy now is Charlie Jones, but that doesn’t mean we won’t see Derron [Thomas] or Andrew Johnson. And we also have to throw Quad Hill in there too.

When looking at Wake Forest, how much do you go back to the tape from last year’s game to see what worked so well in the blowout win?

We definitely go back to take a look, but one of the main things we do is look to see if they are doing the same things this year as they did last year.

Did Marcus Vick have an off day, was it the tremendous defense, or a combination?

Well I don’t know about Marcus; you’d have to go ask him if he had an off day, but our defense was so quick and just played tremendous. They definitely took Vick out of what he likes to do.

Send questions for Larry Coker to e.kalis@umiami.edu.

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos already has displayed a penchant for giving thoughtful, substantiv ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey, Jr. have been selected to receive the University of Miami Sports Hall of ...

Miami Athletics has become one of the leaders nationally in developing its sports psychology departm ...

Images from the University of Miami women's tennis team's run to the ACC Championship semi ...