Report Card

Offense: A-

Kudos to Offensive Coordinator Dan Werner for his game plan of pounding the ball up the middle with Tyrone Moss and Charlie Jones, allowing Kyle Wright to make good play-action throws. Werner’s formula allowed the offense to control the clock against the second-best defense in the country.

Quarterbacks: A-

Simply put, Wright took a licking and kept on ticking. After a blatant cheap shot from Darryl Tapp, Wright came back and made some key throws, including a touchdown to Darnell Jenkins. His interception late in the game prevents me from giving him a solid A.

Running Backs: A

You have to feel bad for Tyrone Moss, who was having an unbelievable season until his knee injury Saturday night. Charlie Jones stepped in for Moss and did a great job. Expect Jones to be productive as the new starting tailback for the rest of the year.

Wide Receivers: B

Darnell Jenkins only makes about 15 catches a year, but it seems like at least half of those receptions come on key third down plays, including a pair of critical grabs against Virginia Tech.

Offensive Line: A

Maligned for most of the season, especially after the Florida State game, the o-line had an all-around stellar effort, opening holes up front for Jones to plow through and giving Wright the protection he needed on passing downs. It’s impossible not to notice the improvement of Anthony Wollschlager at center.

Defense: A+

I would love to see this unit match up against USC or Texas. I do not care how great Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush and Vince Young are; I still do not see their teams putting up many points against the Hurricanes.

Defensive Line: A+

The first unit was amazing. I have never seen Orien Harris so inspired. The second line was better than most teams’ starting fronts, with Kareem Brown, Calais Campbell and Javon Nanton leading the charge.

Linebackers: A+

Rocky McIntosh has to be a first-round pick after his performance in Blacksburg. He carried a unit that struggled at times last year. When Willie Williams got a chance to take some snaps, he showed that he will be able to assume McIntosh’s role as unit leader next year.

Secondary: A+

Speaking of players who should be first round picks, Brandon Meriweather and Kelly Jennings were amazing on Saturday. Meriweather was used as an extra blitzer on occasion, and Jennings was dominant in coverage, finishing with two interceptions.

Special Teams: A

Devin Hester was shaken up in the win, which hopefully was not too serious. Jon Peattie converted his two field goal attempts, and Brian Monroe did a fine job of helping Miami control field position.

Coaching: A+

There should be no more criticism of the following individuals: Art Kehoe, Dan Werner, Randy Shannon and most importantly, Larry Coker.

Compiled By Eric Kalis

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...