YELLOWCARD ROCKS ON

Yellowcard, the punk band with a splash of violin from Jacksonville, is still making music and keeping fans energized despite its lapse from MTV’s TRL and other forms of mass media craze. Despite the curfew from Hurricane Wilma, Yellowcard played at The Culture Room in Ft. Lauderdale to a slew of excited fans. The band, whose members have been busy making commercials (such as Pete the guitarist’s video with PETA), is touring small venues under the title “We Wish We Were Canadian” and working on its new album due out in January. The first single, “Lights and Sounds,” has furthered Yellowcard’s status at the forefront of the punk scene. Fans will have to see if Yellowcard will make it to the next level and again dominate the billboard charts with its catchy lyrics and high energy.

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...