On matters of unbridled annoyance

I was pondering what annoys me the other day and decided I’d think about it on paper. In that spirit of reflection, I’m never too shameless to abscond with someone else’s great idea, so with a great big hat tip to David Letterman, here are the top 10 things I find annoying:

10. Those who render excessive commentary in class: OK we get it, you did the reading. Good for you. Now go home and get your shine box.

9. Flip flopping with your iPod: Who cares about the annoying noise flip-flops make, you can’t hear it; you’re plugged into your own portable Matrix. And look -you’ve got an iPod. I bow to your greatness.

8. People who wear flip-flops and then play with their toes in public: You’re nasty.

7. Men who wear pink-: Pink is a girls color. What, did you think white made you look fat?

6. People who think Condeleeza Rice is going to run for president-get a job-it isn’t going to happen, she doesn’t have the charisma for a national campaign. Plus, she doesn’t want to be president.

5. People who panic if they think they might miss the elevator: We don’t need to fit 20 bodies in there because you can’t wait 30 seconds for the next elevator. This isn’t the Tokyo subway.

4. People who think everyone wants to be involved in their cell phone conversation: You already disturbed the peace with your annoying ring tone. Now we must listen to your inability to master the spoken English language. “Like omigod, I know.”

3. The Super-Involved Student: Please go get drunk or something.

2. Whining about the UNICCO workers: It’s a tough job and they get paid crap. But nobody’s forcing them to keep working for UNICCO if it sucks so bad. Take it from this former Sanitation Worker (yes, I used to be a garbage man-back of the truck, maggots and all that… $75 for a 12-hour day), you do what you have to do. That doesn’t make you a saint; it makes you realistic. Those of you that complain about UNICCO all the time should stop acting like you’re not just as exploitative as those you condemn.

1: That guy that walks across campus singing at the top of his lungs: Dude, you have no tone, you have no rhythm, and you sing like a dying goose. We get it; you want everyone to see that you’re here. Now go home and get your shine box.

Scott Wacholtz can be contacted at s.wacholtz@umiami.edu.

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

It’s impossible for the Miami Hurricanes to ignore all the negative feedback which comes along with ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers’ win against the Virginia Tech Hokies was, for all intents and purposes, alr ...

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

The Canes know the importance a win over Virginia Tech on Saturday can have heading into the final w ...

The University of Miami women's golf team announced Thursday that international amateur standou ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

Tournament runs Nov. 21-24, 2019, in Charleston, S.C. ...