REPORT CARD

Quarterbacks: A-

Besides two fumbles, Kyle Wright was perfect in little more than a quarter of action. I was disappointed Kirby Freeman was not able to get into the end zone at all.

Running Backs: C-

Tyrone Moss only carried the ball six times in Saturday’s win. I do not care if the score is 70-3; Moss should get the ball much more than six times.

Wide Receivers: B+

Sinorice Moss might play his way into the NFL down the stretch. He has exceptional speed, great leaping ability and a knack for the big play, like his 92-yard touchdown catch.

Offensive Line: B

The first unit handled itself well, although Temple’s pass rush was nonexistent. After four easy victories, the o-line will be tested against Georgia Tech. The run blocking is still not where it needs to be.

Defensive Line: A

Eric Moncur and Baraka Atkins were harassing Temple’s quarterbacks throughout the game. The second unit did a good job pressuring the passer as well. This d-line has to be one of the deepest groups in the nation.

Linebackers: B

I did not hear Jon Beason’s or Romeo Davis’ names called very frequently, but that is because they did not have to do much. Temple running back Umar Ferguson did gain 77 yards, with most coming on simple inside draws that caught linebackers out of position.

Secondary: B

It is hard to believe that Miami won a game 34-3 and the secondary did not pick off a single pass. Brandon Meriweather and the rest of the gang can enjoy a day off, but they will need to force some turnovers in conference play.

Special Teams: B

Devin Hester finally broke through for a punt return touchdown in the first quarter. Jon Peattie missed a 43-yard field goal and an extra point, the first missed PAT of his career. Those misses cannot happen the rest of the way.

Coaching: B-

Larry Coker said after the game that many players were unhappy with the play of the second and third teams in the second half. The coaching staff must do a better job of preparing the back-ups in case a starter goes down.

Compiled By Eric Kalis

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...