Briefs – SWIMMING AND DIVING * CROSS-COUNTRY

SWIMMING AND DIVING

The University of Miami swimming and diving team fell to in-state rival Florida Atlantic, 160-129, in its season opener Saturday afternoon at the FAU pool.

The Hurricanes (0-1) took first and second in both the one and three meter diving events. Sophomore Jenna Dreyer placed first on the one-meter with a score 309.43 while senior Melanie Rinaldi finished in second with a score of 272.86. Dreyer once again finished on top in the three meter with a score of 244.95. Junior Heather Bounds took second with a score of 229.58.

Junior Ashley Knapp and freshman Christine Zwiegers were the only other Hurricanes to record first place finishes.

The Hurricanes return to action next Saturday with an 11:00 a.m. dual-meet against cross-town rival Florida International.

CROSS-COUNTRY

Senior Melanie Schultz completed the six kilometer course in a career-best time of 21:29.4 to finish 25th at the Chile Pepper Invitational in Fayetteville, Ark. Schultz has been the Hurricanes’ top finisher in the last 15 races she has competed in over the last three seasons.

Miami recorded 639 points to finish 24th out of 38 teams. Oklahoma State (64 points) won the team title.

The Chile Pepper Invitational is the final tune-up for the Hurricanes before the ACC Cross Country Championships, Oct. 31, in Tallahassee, Fla.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...