Briefs – SWIMMING AND DIVING * CROSS-COUNTRY

SWIMMING AND DIVING

The University of Miami swimming and diving team fell to in-state rival Florida Atlantic, 160-129, in its season opener Saturday afternoon at the FAU pool.

The Hurricanes (0-1) took first and second in both the one and three meter diving events. Sophomore Jenna Dreyer placed first on the one-meter with a score 309.43 while senior Melanie Rinaldi finished in second with a score of 272.86. Dreyer once again finished on top in the three meter with a score of 244.95. Junior Heather Bounds took second with a score of 229.58.

Junior Ashley Knapp and freshman Christine Zwiegers were the only other Hurricanes to record first place finishes.

The Hurricanes return to action next Saturday with an 11:00 a.m. dual-meet against cross-town rival Florida International.

CROSS-COUNTRY

Senior Melanie Schultz completed the six kilometer course in a career-best time of 21:29.4 to finish 25th at the Chile Pepper Invitational in Fayetteville, Ark. Schultz has been the Hurricanes’ top finisher in the last 15 races she has competed in over the last three seasons.

Miami recorded 639 points to finish 24th out of 38 teams. Oklahoma State (64 points) won the team title.

The Chile Pepper Invitational is the final tune-up for the Hurricanes before the ACC Cross Country Championships, Oct. 31, in Tallahassee, Fla.

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...