Says he doesn’t love you? Kick out live-in boyfriend

My boyfriend of two years recently told me that he doesn’t love me and doesn’t know if he wants to be in a relationship with me. To make things even worse, we live together. He says that he’s confused and that he doesn’t know why. My friends tell me that I shouldn’t put up with him, but I don’t think that I can leave this relationship that I’ve put two years of my life into.

Even More Confused

Dear Reader,

Dump this creep! You cannot seriously tell me that you don’t have enough self-respect for yourself to not quickly escape this monstrosity of a relationship. Honestly, the more that you put up with his B.S., the more he will continue to slap you in the face; the way that people treat you is very much a reflection of the way that you let them treat you. If you don’t speak up for yourself, he will only continue to walk alllll over you.

And, as for his state of confusion, give me a break! What a lousy excuse for an excuse! His confusion does not justify his wavering commitment to the relationship. He told you that he doesn’t love you, what is there to be confused about? He needs to pack it up, and you need to make sure that you not only pack it up, but that you move the hell on to something or someone else.

Absolute done deal: Get rid of him and don’t let people trample on your heart without some kind of formative vengeance. What he is doing is plain old wrong, wrong wrong! And the fact that you’re actually putting up with him is pretty damn close to being completely inexcusable on your part. Listen, you’re not married, you don’t have kids, and hopefully you don’t share a bank account. Can you imagine how much lousier your situation would be if he had pulled this stunt and you had any of the above? Worse, what if you decided to put up with his weird behavior and took him back only to be shot down again?

So save yourself future time and effort and do the dumping deed now. Bottom line: Nobody needs backstabbing people in their lives-learn it, live it, love it.

Best of luck,

V.

Facts O’ the Day: 30 percent of women over the age of 80 still have sex with their spouse or their boyfriend, and 56 percent of men have had sex at work.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com or drop V a line in her box in the office of The Hurricane. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...