UMNEWS – Greek community joins together to donate to charity

Last week, Sigma Alpha Mu Fraternity held its annual philanthropy, SAM Slam, in an effort to raise money for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS foundation.

SAM Slam, originally founded in 2002, is a competition between sororities in which they participate in a variety of events, such as Penny Wars, Brother’s Auction, Man Hunt and a closing volleyball tournament. This year, Sigma Alpha Mu added the first annual Miss SAM Slam Pageant Competition, where a representative from each participating organization was given the chance to showcase their talents and love for this philanthropic cause. There was an unprecedented level of support from the sororities this year, where every sorority on campus competed all week long.

This year, SAM Slam raised more than $7,600, which was almost double the donations in the previous four years.

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...