UMNEWS – Greek community joins together to donate to charity

Last week, Sigma Alpha Mu Fraternity held its annual philanthropy, SAM Slam, in an effort to raise money for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS foundation.

SAM Slam, originally founded in 2002, is a competition between sororities in which they participate in a variety of events, such as Penny Wars, Brother’s Auction, Man Hunt and a closing volleyball tournament. This year, Sigma Alpha Mu added the first annual Miss SAM Slam Pageant Competition, where a representative from each participating organization was given the chance to showcase their talents and love for this philanthropic cause. There was an unprecedented level of support from the sororities this year, where every sorority on campus competed all week long.

This year, SAM Slam raised more than $7,600, which was almost double the donations in the previous four years.

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

The University of Miami connects scholarship recipients with the donors who helped make their educat ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

The University of Miami got off to a dream start at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships Wedn ...

The sophomore first baseman smashed two homers to help power Canes to 4-0 start. ...

The University of Miami track and field team is set to compete at the 2019 ACC Indoor Track and Fiel ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...