REPORT CARD

Quarterbacks: B-

I have no doubts about Kyle Wright’s potential. Through four games, he has shown the arm, legs and presence of all the great Miami quarterbacks. I do have to nit-pick about two things: taking sacks when he has ample time to get rid of the ball and fumbled snaps.

Running Backs: B+

Tyrone Moss certainly was a force, scoring three touchdowns. Maybe I’m delusional, but I think Moss could have had a 150-200 yard game instead of 89. Charlie Jones and Deron Thomas both looked promising in mop-up action.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: C+

Greg Olsen has all the tools in the world, but he can’t seem to get into the end zone. My jaws dropped when he got stripped after a 57-yard catch that should have been an easy touchdown. I am still waiting for a Lance Leggett break-out game. I hope I don’t end up waiting forever.

Offensive Line: D+

South Florida put a ton of pressure on Wright, and much blame for that goes to the offensive line. O-line coach Art Kehoe wouldn’t talk to the media after the game. I feel his pain.

Defensive Line: A

Even a reserve line of Dwayne Hendricks, Antonio Dixon, Rhyan Anderson and Vegas Franklin wreaked havoc on Pat Julmiste late in the game. The depth of the defense is mind-boggling. The starters were dominant as well.

Linebackers: A

This unit is much more active than last year. Rocky McIntosh was all over the field and Leon Williams was crushing people, especially when he nailed Julmiste on South Florida’s goal line, a play that was negated by a penalty.

Secondary: A+

Ponder-Phillips-Phillips might look like a law firm on paper, but Lavon, Kenny and Randy could produce the greatest secondary ever at UM (my apologies to Mike Rumph, Ed Reed and Phillip Buchanon).

Special Teams: A-

Jon Peattie might be back to his freshman form. Last season, Miami wouldn’t have tried a 48-yard field goal, which he hit cleanly on Saturday. Devin Hester finally busted out a nice return as well.

Coaching: B

Offensive Coordinator Dan Werner’s red zone offense is so predictable that fans were shouting “Moss up the middle” before each play inside the 20. All right, I made that up, but the red zone offense is predictable. Kudos to Defensive Coordinator Randy Shannon for not letting USF run any trick plays.

Compiled By Eric Kalis

Before Daniel Carter decided to sign with the Pittsburgh Panthers out of St. Thomas Aquinas, the fou ...

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...