REPORT CARD

Quarterbacks: B-

I have no doubts about Kyle Wright’s potential. Through four games, he has shown the arm, legs and presence of all the great Miami quarterbacks. I do have to nit-pick about two things: taking sacks when he has ample time to get rid of the ball and fumbled snaps.

Running Backs: B+

Tyrone Moss certainly was a force, scoring three touchdowns. Maybe I’m delusional, but I think Moss could have had a 150-200 yard game instead of 89. Charlie Jones and Deron Thomas both looked promising in mop-up action.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: C+

Greg Olsen has all the tools in the world, but he can’t seem to get into the end zone. My jaws dropped when he got stripped after a 57-yard catch that should have been an easy touchdown. I am still waiting for a Lance Leggett break-out game. I hope I don’t end up waiting forever.

Offensive Line: D+

South Florida put a ton of pressure on Wright, and much blame for that goes to the offensive line. O-line coach Art Kehoe wouldn’t talk to the media after the game. I feel his pain.

Defensive Line: A

Even a reserve line of Dwayne Hendricks, Antonio Dixon, Rhyan Anderson and Vegas Franklin wreaked havoc on Pat Julmiste late in the game. The depth of the defense is mind-boggling. The starters were dominant as well.

Linebackers: A

This unit is much more active than last year. Rocky McIntosh was all over the field and Leon Williams was crushing people, especially when he nailed Julmiste on South Florida’s goal line, a play that was negated by a penalty.

Secondary: A+

Ponder-Phillips-Phillips might look like a law firm on paper, but Lavon, Kenny and Randy could produce the greatest secondary ever at UM (my apologies to Mike Rumph, Ed Reed and Phillip Buchanon).

Special Teams: A-

Jon Peattie might be back to his freshman form. Last season, Miami wouldn’t have tried a 48-yard field goal, which he hit cleanly on Saturday. Devin Hester finally busted out a nice return as well.

Coaching: B

Offensive Coordinator Dan Werner’s red zone offense is so predictable that fans were shouting “Moss up the middle” before each play inside the 20. All right, I made that up, but the red zone offense is predictable. Kudos to Defensive Coordinator Randy Shannon for not letting USF run any trick plays.

Compiled By Eric Kalis

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

2018 NCAA Tournament programs match up at 7 p.m. at Watsco Center. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...