REPORT CARD

Quarterbacks: B-

I have no doubts about Kyle Wright’s potential. Through four games, he has shown the arm, legs and presence of all the great Miami quarterbacks. I do have to nit-pick about two things: taking sacks when he has ample time to get rid of the ball and fumbled snaps.

Running Backs: B+

Tyrone Moss certainly was a force, scoring three touchdowns. Maybe I’m delusional, but I think Moss could have had a 150-200 yard game instead of 89. Charlie Jones and Deron Thomas both looked promising in mop-up action.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: C+

Greg Olsen has all the tools in the world, but he can’t seem to get into the end zone. My jaws dropped when he got stripped after a 57-yard catch that should have been an easy touchdown. I am still waiting for a Lance Leggett break-out game. I hope I don’t end up waiting forever.

Offensive Line: D+

South Florida put a ton of pressure on Wright, and much blame for that goes to the offensive line. O-line coach Art Kehoe wouldn’t talk to the media after the game. I feel his pain.

Defensive Line: A

Even a reserve line of Dwayne Hendricks, Antonio Dixon, Rhyan Anderson and Vegas Franklin wreaked havoc on Pat Julmiste late in the game. The depth of the defense is mind-boggling. The starters were dominant as well.

Linebackers: A

This unit is much more active than last year. Rocky McIntosh was all over the field and Leon Williams was crushing people, especially when he nailed Julmiste on South Florida’s goal line, a play that was negated by a penalty.

Secondary: A+

Ponder-Phillips-Phillips might look like a law firm on paper, but Lavon, Kenny and Randy could produce the greatest secondary ever at UM (my apologies to Mike Rumph, Ed Reed and Phillip Buchanon).

Special Teams: A-

Jon Peattie might be back to his freshman form. Last season, Miami wouldn’t have tried a 48-yard field goal, which he hit cleanly on Saturday. Devin Hester finally busted out a nice return as well.

Coaching: B

Offensive Coordinator Dan Werner’s red zone offense is so predictable that fans were shouting “Moss up the middle” before each play inside the 20. All right, I made that up, but the red zone offense is predictable. Kudos to Defensive Coordinator Randy Shannon for not letting USF run any trick plays.

Compiled By Eric Kalis

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...