Pussycat Dolls deserve to be on the top of the charts

Topping the charts across the world, the Pussycat Dolls have come a long way from where they started. The six ladies, led by 27-going-on 20-year-old lead singer Nicole, have taken over the radio waves and the billboard charts, causing a buzz wherever they go. Their new album, PCD, is 12 tracks of pure pop, solidifying the group’s spot in the recording industry as a powerhouse girl group. Their first single, “Don’t Cha,” featuring Busta Rhymes, starts the CD, followed by tracks and tracks of deep beats and edgy lyrics. First known as an L.A. cabaret for young Hollywood to guest star and shake it, this album proves the talent of these ladies.

The songs carry a similar beat, making the transition from track to track smooth. Aside from the talents of the girls themselves, guests producers spice up the songs and the mix of slow and fast create a good tempo. The final songs on the CD are remakes of old classics. Songs such as “How Many Times, How Many Lies,” “Bite the Dust” and “Right Now” are revived with the sultry sounds of the girls’ voices and exaggerated beats. The best remake by far is “Tainted Love,” which seemingly carries a stronger sounding base tone than the original.

Compared frequently to the Spice Girls, these ladies seem to have more staying power than those before them and their success is from true talent. Overall the CD is a good mix of old and new that is sure to last and the twisted remakes of classic songs are just too good to pass up.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

There wasn’t much energy in the Watsco Center stands on Saturday afternoon as most University of Mia ...

View photos from the Bethune-Cookman wildcats at Miami Hurricanes in a NCAA college basketball game ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

Seniors Kolby Bird and Haley Templeton will play in their final match at the James L. Knight Sports ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...