The Academy Is… has some fresh new sounds

The Academy Is… has grabbed the attention of many pop-punk fans, and if you attended the Warped Tour this summer, you have probably heard a little something about them too. Their debut album, Almost Here, has earned them scores of new fans and rightfully so. The album mixes energetic lyrics with catchy and upbeat instrumental work and separates itself from the rest of the pack with the sincerity of the music. It isn’t your typical up and coming, superficial pop-punk band. Upon listening to their music and reading about the band, it becomes clear that they have an honest passion for music. Many of their lyrics express the band’s desire for success and relay the idea of reaching for your dreams while being true to yourself.

The music of The Academy Is… can be appreciated by most. With songs such as “Season” and “Skeptics and Believers,” the band encourages its fans to discover their true selves and to never be afraid of what’s ahead. While most albums have only a few quality songs, Almost Here is strong from start to finish. From the first strum of the guitar to the last set of vocals it is clear that The Academy Is… loves making music, which is refreshing in today’s money and fame driven entertainment industry.

With music that is so genuine and energizing, their debut album, Almost Here, really is worthy of more attention. “Well they can love it or leave it or rip it apart. We’re living while we’re singing,” sings front man William Beckett. For now, The Academy Is… is already here.

Matt Stanley can be contacted at m.stanley@umiami.edu.

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...