The Academy Is… has some fresh new sounds

The Academy Is… has grabbed the attention of many pop-punk fans, and if you attended the Warped Tour this summer, you have probably heard a little something about them too. Their debut album, Almost Here, has earned them scores of new fans and rightfully so. The album mixes energetic lyrics with catchy and upbeat instrumental work and separates itself from the rest of the pack with the sincerity of the music. It isn’t your typical up and coming, superficial pop-punk band. Upon listening to their music and reading about the band, it becomes clear that they have an honest passion for music. Many of their lyrics express the band’s desire for success and relay the idea of reaching for your dreams while being true to yourself.

The music of The Academy Is… can be appreciated by most. With songs such as “Season” and “Skeptics and Believers,” the band encourages its fans to discover their true selves and to never be afraid of what’s ahead. While most albums have only a few quality songs, Almost Here is strong from start to finish. From the first strum of the guitar to the last set of vocals it is clear that The Academy Is… loves making music, which is refreshing in today’s money and fame driven entertainment industry.

With music that is so genuine and energizing, their debut album, Almost Here, really is worthy of more attention. “Well they can love it or leave it or rip it apart. We’re living while we’re singing,” sings front man William Beckett. For now, The Academy Is… is already here.

Matt Stanley can be contacted at m.stanley@umiami.edu.

Navaughn Donaldson knew one thing mattered above all when he was forced to start playing center ahea ...

This spring hasn’t been easy for Miami redshirt sophomore Tate Martell, the former Ohio State quarte ...

The 2019-20 college basketball season is more than six months away, but the University of Miami Hurr ...

The University of Miami spring game Saturday will be here before you know it, and right about now, c ...

With about a third of the regular season left, the Miami Hurricanes baseball team is on the rise and ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The University of Miami celebrates Earth Day with a host of activities at or near the Lakeside Patio ...

The nation’s oldest and most-widely known academic honor society inducted 45 students from the Colle ...

For the second installment of its “What Matters to U” lecture series, Student Government invited act ...

There is at least one member of House Hurricane in the Seven Kingdoms: alumnus David Nutter, who sha ...

The Canes will battle the Cardinals this weekend in a battle of ranked ACC foes. ...

Michelle Atherley earned the University of Miami track and field program's fourth ACC outdoor h ...

Canes' recruiting class now stands 25th in 247Sports Composite Ranking. ...

Miami head women's basketball coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the signing of Moulayna Joh ...

The fifth-seeded and No. 21-ranked Miami women's tennis team begins ACC Championship action Thu ...