The Academy Is… has some fresh new sounds

The Academy Is… has grabbed the attention of many pop-punk fans, and if you attended the Warped Tour this summer, you have probably heard a little something about them too. Their debut album, Almost Here, has earned them scores of new fans and rightfully so. The album mixes energetic lyrics with catchy and upbeat instrumental work and separates itself from the rest of the pack with the sincerity of the music. It isn’t your typical up and coming, superficial pop-punk band. Upon listening to their music and reading about the band, it becomes clear that they have an honest passion for music. Many of their lyrics express the band’s desire for success and relay the idea of reaching for your dreams while being true to yourself.

The music of The Academy Is… can be appreciated by most. With songs such as “Season” and “Skeptics and Believers,” the band encourages its fans to discover their true selves and to never be afraid of what’s ahead. While most albums have only a few quality songs, Almost Here is strong from start to finish. From the first strum of the guitar to the last set of vocals it is clear that The Academy Is… loves making music, which is refreshing in today’s money and fame driven entertainment industry.

With music that is so genuine and energizing, their debut album, Almost Here, really is worthy of more attention. “Well they can love it or leave it or rip it apart. We’re living while we’re singing,” sings front man William Beckett. For now, The Academy Is… is already here.

Matt Stanley can be contacted at m.stanley@umiami.edu.

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that lead her to signing ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Check out the June edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...