RESULTS OF THE SENATE ELECTIONS

The announcement of the senate election results was postponed as a result of run-offs in the following two seats:

Sophomore senator:

Nathaniel Skinner

Kyle Sheehan

Alex Spiegel

Fraternity row:

Kyle Mann

Kyle Sheehan

Voting will resume next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in the UC Breezeway, and the results for all seats will be announced on Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 5:15 p.m., according to the UM Elections Commission.

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...