Safety Tip of the Week: BICYCLE SAFETY
– Wear a helmet. More than 70 percent of bicycle-related fatalities are the result of head injuries.
– At night, always wear light-colored clothing and make use of lights and reflectors to increase visibility. More than half of adult bicycle fatalities occur during twilight or nighttime hours.
– Ride with traffic. Don’t ride against the flow of traffic.
– Park in well-lit and well-traveled areas, use bike racks on campus.
– Protect your bike. Keep it properly locked when unattended. Public Safety is now distributing free U type bike locks.
If you are a victim of a crime, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666 or if calling from a campus phone dial 8-6666.
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 22
4:41 a.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Simple Stalking
11:15 a.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Theft to Vehicle
11:00 p.m. 561 Pavia St. Stolen Vehicle
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 23
6:15 a.m.1800 Ponce de Leon Blvd. Theft to
11:30 p.m. 1101 Stanford Dr. Theft
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 25
5:30 p.m. 1221 Walsh Ave. Theft
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 26
10:30 a.m. 1300 Memorial Dr. Theft
10:47 a.m. 5865 Ponce de Leon Blvd Simple Assault Threat