Culture

miami dining spiced up

Chispa Restaurant

Named after the Spanish word for “spark,” Chispa restaurant is gaining a Friday night following, especially among the ladies. Located within two miles of campus in the heart of downtown Coral Gables, Chispa is a mod dining space with major attitude. Serving up gourmet Cuban and Latin foods with flair, traditional fish dishes and steaks are getting some unexpected spice a la avocado salsa, lemongrass-cilantro mojo and even yucca fries, a favorite. Desserts seem to be more traditional, with the chefs offering the choice of churros, caramel flan and cr

Frost School of Music’s faculty and staff members and students utilize their talents to help unify t

Rudy Fernandez, senior vice president for public affairs and communications at the University of Mia

Hope is an elusive concept, but it is a crucial feeling to hold on to at a time of crisis. During th

Members of the Muslim Students of the University of Miami celebrate the holy month while adhering to

A University of Miami faculty member offers tips on how to preserve healthy work-life practices as w