Culture

miami dining spiced up

Chispa Restaurant

Named after the Spanish word for “spark,” Chispa restaurant is gaining a Friday night following, especially among the ladies. Located within two miles of campus in the heart of downtown Coral Gables, Chispa is a mod dining space with major attitude. Serving up gourmet Cuban and Latin foods with flair, traditional fish dishes and steaks are getting some unexpected spice a la avocado salsa, lemongrass-cilantro mojo and even yucca fries, a favorite. Desserts seem to be more traditional, with the chefs offering the choice of churros, caramel flan and cr

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...