UMNEWS – UM law professor takes active role outside the campus community

The Children’s Trust has selected University of Miami School of Law professor Bernard Perlmutter as the first recipient of the newly established Champion for Children award.

Bernard Perlmutter is assistant professor of clinical legal education and director of the Children & Youth Law Clinic at the University of Miami. Before becoming director of the Clinic in 1995, Perlmutter was an attorney with Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc. and director of the Children’s Law Project in the Civil Law Clinic at Nova Southeastern University.

Perlmutter was chosen as the recipient of this award after a month-long nomination and selection process. He will be honored at a reception for 500 people to be held Tuesday, Oct. 11, at Parrot Jungle Island’s Treetop Ballroom.

The Children’s Trust established the Champion for Children award to raise awareness of the needs of children and inspire others to join in the work that is taking place on behalf of children and families in Miami-Dade county.

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...