UMNEWS – UM law professor takes active role outside the campus community

The Children’s Trust has selected University of Miami School of Law professor Bernard Perlmutter as the first recipient of the newly established Champion for Children award.

Bernard Perlmutter is assistant professor of clinical legal education and director of the Children & Youth Law Clinic at the University of Miami. Before becoming director of the Clinic in 1995, Perlmutter was an attorney with Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc. and director of the Children’s Law Project in the Civil Law Clinic at Nova Southeastern University.

Perlmutter was chosen as the recipient of this award after a month-long nomination and selection process. He will be honored at a reception for 500 people to be held Tuesday, Oct. 11, at Parrot Jungle Island’s Treetop Ballroom.

The Children’s Trust established the Champion for Children award to raise awareness of the needs of children and inspire others to join in the work that is taking place on behalf of children and families in Miami-Dade county.

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...

Head coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the ninth annual Miami Women's Basketball Fantasy Ca ...

The yearly Miami Fall Invite will take place Friday through Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center, ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...