R E P O R T C A R D

Quarterbacks: B

It’s time to start getting excited about what this football team can do, and it begins with Kyle Wright. Although he took five sacks, Wright came through on third down time and again in Clemson, finishing with 152 yards and a touchdown.

Running Backs: A

Many skeptics, myself included, were worried that Tyrone Moss could not continue strong performances over the course of a full game. Well, Moss was awesome through four quarters and even better in the three overtimes, so I am going to eat a slice of humble pie now.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: B

Greg Olsen was taken out of the game completely by Clemson, but Ryan Moore had some big catches and Sinorice Moss might be a better playmaker than Roscoe Parrish. Darnell Jenkins made two huge third-down grabs as well.

Offensive Line: B-

Five sacks are still not good enough, although Wright brought at least two of those sacks upon himself by not getting rid of the ball enough. The run blocking was strong, as Moss was able to find trucksized holes up the middle at times.

Defensive Line: B-

When judging defensive units in a game like this, you have to ignore the score, because only allowing 30 points in essentially seven periods is actually quite impressive. The d-line could have gotten to Charlie Whitehurst more throughout the game, however.

Linebackers: C+

Willie Williams finally saw some action at linebacker early on and made a nice tackle, but for some reason he was not in during crunch time. Rocky McIntosh played a spirited game for the Hurricanes, but the overall unit needs a lot of work.

Secondary: B-

Mark my words: The Phillips boys, Ken and Randy, will make Hurricane fans forget Sean Taylor and Antrel Rolle even existed. That’s surely a bold claim, but after what I saw from them in Death Valley, particularly with Ken, I think we could be looking at the 2001 secondary all over again in a few years.

Special Teams: A-

Brian Monroe and Jon Peattie were worlds better than they were in Tallahassee. I knew the Florida State game was an aberration, but we needed to see competency out of the entire unit right away. You are forgiven, Devin Hester.

Coaching: C

The offensive play-calling needs much improvement and Defensive Coordinator Randy Shannon has to patch up the holes at linebacker. While these are major concerns, they could be easy fixes if the right people are used.

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...