Top 5’s second run

Last week’s Top Fives were so popular among my six avid readers that I’ve decided, by popular demand, to continue doing them on a regular basis.

So here they are, submitted for your approval, because, without you, the reader, who would be there to tell me how funny I am? …other than the mirror.

Top five revelations resulting from the MLB steroid controversy

5. Never, has Rafael Palmeiro ever used steroids.

4. um…uh…(nervous laughter)

3. Cecil Fielder is the last great legitimate power hitter.

2. Bud Selig is a dirtbag. Wait, is that a revelation?

1. Nobody cares about baseball.

Top five reasons UM is building University Village

5. “Look, there’s some land. Let’s build on it!”

4. Students can’t sleep in Hecht lobby

3. Deep-rooted commitment to the class of 2017.

2. …make that class of 2026.

1. Coral Gables wouldn’t let us build a football stadium there

Top five real reasons the trees by the UC were removed

5. Elaborate plan by sororities to get sorority housing

4. Elaborate plan by sororities to get increased tanning time

3. Elaborate plan by fraternities to get sorority girl increased tanning time

2. Chartwells ran out of veggie burgers

1. Bingo! Football stadium.

Ben Minkus can be contacted at b.minkus@umiami.edu.

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...