Top 5’s second run

Last week’s Top Fives were so popular among my six avid readers that I’ve decided, by popular demand, to continue doing them on a regular basis.

So here they are, submitted for your approval, because, without you, the reader, who would be there to tell me how funny I am? …other than the mirror.

Top five revelations resulting from the MLB steroid controversy

5. Never, has Rafael Palmeiro ever used steroids.

4. um…uh…(nervous laughter)

3. Cecil Fielder is the last great legitimate power hitter.

2. Bud Selig is a dirtbag. Wait, is that a revelation?

1. Nobody cares about baseball.

Top five reasons UM is building University Village

5. “Look, there’s some land. Let’s build on it!”

4. Students can’t sleep in Hecht lobby

3. Deep-rooted commitment to the class of 2017.

2. …make that class of 2026.

1. Coral Gables wouldn’t let us build a football stadium there

Top five real reasons the trees by the UC were removed

5. Elaborate plan by sororities to get sorority housing

4. Elaborate plan by sororities to get increased tanning time

3. Elaborate plan by fraternities to get sorority girl increased tanning time

2. Chartwells ran out of veggie burgers

1. Bingo! Football stadium.

Ben Minkus can be contacted at b.minkus@umiami.edu.

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

At an annual luncheon, University of Miami scholarship recipients connect with the donors who help m ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The University of Miami got off to a dream start at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships Wedn ...

The sophomore first baseman smashed two homers to help power Canes to 4-0 start. ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The University of Miami track and field team is set to compete at the 2019 ACC Indoor Track and Fiel ...

As has been the case all season, the Miami women's tennis team is top-20 in the Oracle/ITA nati ...