COACH’S CORNER

Following a tough loss Monday, how hard is it to go into such a hostile environment against Clemson Saturday?

Well, Miami goes into a lot of hostile environments, so I don’t think it will be that different from anything we’ve faced. It’s a very tough place to play, and obviously they beat us last year and they’ve already beaten a very good Texas A&M team, so they have a lot to play for.

How impressive was Tyrone Moss Monday?

I was very pleased with Tyrone Moss. I was concerned about three guys, and he was one of them, as well as our starting quarterback. Both guys did a great job.

What team do you like this year in the NFL and why?

Well, you have to go with the Patriots because they are just so solid and so well coached. They kept their team together pretty much, so you have to like them. Plus I like Vince Wilfork, one of our former players.

How devastating was it to lose Anthony Reddick for the season?

It’s very devastating because he’s a good person, but also a tremendous football player, as well as a tremendous leader back there. I hate to see it happen to anybody, but especially for our team to lose Anthony.

A lot of underclassmen got into the game on defense in the second half against FSU.

How good does it make you feel that they were still so dominate? It makes me feel great because I know Randy Shannon has done a great job with our defense, as have all of our defensive coaches. The way all those guys stepped up and played was really impressive.

Send any questions for Coach Coker to e.kalis@umiami.edu.

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...