COACH’S CORNER

Following a tough loss Monday, how hard is it to go into such a hostile environment against Clemson Saturday?

Well, Miami goes into a lot of hostile environments, so I don’t think it will be that different from anything we’ve faced. It’s a very tough place to play, and obviously they beat us last year and they’ve already beaten a very good Texas A&M team, so they have a lot to play for.

How impressive was Tyrone Moss Monday?

I was very pleased with Tyrone Moss. I was concerned about three guys, and he was one of them, as well as our starting quarterback. Both guys did a great job.

What team do you like this year in the NFL and why?

Well, you have to go with the Patriots because they are just so solid and so well coached. They kept their team together pretty much, so you have to like them. Plus I like Vince Wilfork, one of our former players.

How devastating was it to lose Anthony Reddick for the season?

It’s very devastating because he’s a good person, but also a tremendous football player, as well as a tremendous leader back there. I hate to see it happen to anybody, but especially for our team to lose Anthony.

A lot of underclassmen got into the game on defense in the second half against FSU.

How good does it make you feel that they were still so dominate? It makes me feel great because I know Randy Shannon has done a great job with our defense, as have all of our defensive coaches. The way all those guys stepped up and played was really impressive.

Send any questions for Coach Coker to e.kalis@umiami.edu.

It was maybe coincidence, but positioned just behind his left shoulder as Tyrique Stevenson spoke ab ...

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled a new turnover chain this season, replacing the bedazzled “U” that han ...

Before now, the last time the Miami Hurricanes scored 21 or fewer points in four consecutive games w ...

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

Miami wraps up its season-opening homestand with a 2 p.m. Saturday matchup against Bethune-Cookman a ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced Thursday the signing of three golfers to N ...