COACH’S CORNER

Following a tough loss Monday, how hard is it to go into such a hostile environment against Clemson Saturday?

Well, Miami goes into a lot of hostile environments, so I don’t think it will be that different from anything we’ve faced. It’s a very tough place to play, and obviously they beat us last year and they’ve already beaten a very good Texas A&M team, so they have a lot to play for.

How impressive was Tyrone Moss Monday?

I was very pleased with Tyrone Moss. I was concerned about three guys, and he was one of them, as well as our starting quarterback. Both guys did a great job.

What team do you like this year in the NFL and why?

Well, you have to go with the Patriots because they are just so solid and so well coached. They kept their team together pretty much, so you have to like them. Plus I like Vince Wilfork, one of our former players.

How devastating was it to lose Anthony Reddick for the season?

It’s very devastating because he’s a good person, but also a tremendous football player, as well as a tremendous leader back there. I hate to see it happen to anybody, but especially for our team to lose Anthony.

A lot of underclassmen got into the game on defense in the second half against FSU.

How good does it make you feel that they were still so dominate? It makes me feel great because I know Randy Shannon has done a great job with our defense, as have all of our defensive coaches. The way all those guys stepped up and played was really impressive.

Send any questions for Coach Coker to e.kalis@umiami.edu.

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...