Minkus lists his top 5s

Care what’s going on in the world? Watch the news. Care what Ben Minkus thinks? Probably not, but thanks to these handy dandy top-five lists, you’ll get a behind-the-scenes look of how one UM student perceives reality. (Note: the following thoughts conveyed in the following lists do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Hurricane or its editors…or, awkward as it may sound, of Ben Minkus).

WORLD

Top five reasons Bush nominated John Roberts for Chief Justice of the U.S.A.

5. Doesn’t know names of any actual existing justices

4. Fell asleep watching 700 Club marathon

3. Judge Judy wouldn’t return his calls

2. Hey, anything for the people of New Orleans

1. Dick Cheney told him to

SPORTS

Top five reasons UM lost to FSU 10-7

5. “Hurricanes” is now a more offensive nickname than “Seminoles”

4. Needed more playing time from Willie Williams

3. Needed more playing time from Buck Ortega

2. Collective misinterpretation of meaning of “special teams”

1. The law of averages kicked in

ENTERTAINMENT

Top five reasons the MTV Video Music Awards show was a smashing success

5. The Grammys have gotten too “pop”

4. It’s all part of MTV’s stellar programming package

3. Carson Daly has been missing for eight months

2. Finally, somebody gave Green Day a little airplay

1. FP & L fixed their power first.

Ben Minkus can be contacted at b.minkus@umiami.edu.

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...