Minkus lists his top 5s

Care what’s going on in the world? Watch the news. Care what Ben Minkus thinks? Probably not, but thanks to these handy dandy top-five lists, you’ll get a behind-the-scenes look of how one UM student perceives reality. (Note: the following thoughts conveyed in the following lists do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Hurricane or its editors…or, awkward as it may sound, of Ben Minkus).

WORLD

Top five reasons Bush nominated John Roberts for Chief Justice of the U.S.A.

5. Doesn’t know names of any actual existing justices

4. Fell asleep watching 700 Club marathon

3. Judge Judy wouldn’t return his calls

2. Hey, anything for the people of New Orleans

1. Dick Cheney told him to

SPORTS

Top five reasons UM lost to FSU 10-7

5. “Hurricanes” is now a more offensive nickname than “Seminoles”

4. Needed more playing time from Willie Williams

3. Needed more playing time from Buck Ortega

2. Collective misinterpretation of meaning of “special teams”

1. The law of averages kicked in

ENTERTAINMENT

Top five reasons the MTV Video Music Awards show was a smashing success

5. The Grammys have gotten too “pop”

4. It’s all part of MTV’s stellar programming package

3. Carson Daly has been missing for eight months

2. Finally, somebody gave Green Day a little airplay

1. FP & L fixed their power first.

Ben Minkus can be contacted at b.minkus@umiami.edu.

University of Miami’s new/old starting quarterback Malik Rosier thought his college football career ...

You know what the infamous N’Kosi Perry wads-o’-cash video brings to mind for me? The good old days. ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday evening: ▪ Would you like a greater understanding of why ...

As the college football season continues toward the finish line, Bovada updated its odds on who can ...

More misfortune for the University of Miami football program. University of Miami freshman running b ...

Fresh off fall break, News@TheU catches up with students to learn what foods make them feel at home. ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

Miami's offense has shown consistent improvement in practice and it is eager to shine on Friday ...

The University of Miami volleyball program closes out its homestand against instate rival Florida St ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami women's basketball placed fifth in the ACC Coaches' predicted order of finish, w ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team wrapped up competition Tuesday at the ITA Southeast R ...