Minkus lists his top 5s

Care what’s going on in the world? Watch the news. Care what Ben Minkus thinks? Probably not, but thanks to these handy dandy top-five lists, you’ll get a behind-the-scenes look of how one UM student perceives reality. (Note: the following thoughts conveyed in the following lists do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Hurricane or its editors…or, awkward as it may sound, of Ben Minkus).

WORLD

Top five reasons Bush nominated John Roberts for Chief Justice of the U.S.A.

5. Doesn’t know names of any actual existing justices

4. Fell asleep watching 700 Club marathon

3. Judge Judy wouldn’t return his calls

2. Hey, anything for the people of New Orleans

1. Dick Cheney told him to

SPORTS

Top five reasons UM lost to FSU 10-7

5. “Hurricanes” is now a more offensive nickname than “Seminoles”

4. Needed more playing time from Willie Williams

3. Needed more playing time from Buck Ortega

2. Collective misinterpretation of meaning of “special teams”

1. The law of averages kicked in

ENTERTAINMENT

Top five reasons the MTV Video Music Awards show was a smashing success

5. The Grammys have gotten too “pop”

4. It’s all part of MTV’s stellar programming package

3. Carson Daly has been missing for eight months

2. Finally, somebody gave Green Day a little airplay

1. FP & L fixed their power first.

Ben Minkus can be contacted at b.minkus@umiami.edu.

One of the reasons Manny Diaz overhauled his recruiting department when he took over as UM’s coach i ...

Connor McLaughlin never gave much thought to the Miami Hurricanes when he was younger. Even though h ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

Academics met at the University of Miami to plan the next phase of a study looking at how journalist ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team secured her spot in the NCAA ...

Six members of the Miami track and field team earned a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships i ...

Former Miami women's basketball standout Emese Hof will begin her overseas professional career ...

It took extra innings, but the Canes dropped their final game of pool play at the 2019 ACC Baseball ...

The Student-Athlete Development department has grown in size and scope and become an integral part o ...