E X T R A

OFF TO THE ISLE

Bob Denver, the actor who played Gilligan in Gilligan’s Island, died this
week at the age of 70. Denver, who was the star of the popular ’60s TV
show, died of terminal cancer.

THE BIG EASY ISN’T SO
EASY

New Orleans has seemingly started to bounce back from the destruction of Hurricane Katrina, complete with a new name, now known as N.O.

SCREEN STAR
DOWNSIZES

From the big screen to the small screen, Oscar winner Charlize Theron
will be joining the cast of Arrested Development on Fox. Theron has
signed to play the love interest of lead star Jason Bateman. The new season premieres on Sept. 19

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...