ETC. – UM professor helps children of natural disasters

Dr. Annette LaGreca, professor of psychology at the University of Miami, has published After the Storm, a resource for parents and educators to help children cope with the psychological impact of hurricanes. The manual is available for download free at psy.miami.edu.

In addition, Dr. LaGreca has authored several other publications to disseminate information on how to help children cope in the aftermath of disasters, including Children Experiencing Disasters: Prevention and Intervention.

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...

Early voting in Florida began this week and will last through Nov. 1. Here’s a rundown of everything students need to know about upcoming campus events, from the final debate watch party to transportation to the polls. ...