CD REVIEWS – Gabe Dixon Band shows talent, unique sound

Back in the 80s, Ben Folds was enrolled in the University of Miami’s jazz program, thanks to a stellar drum set audition tape. His live drumming wasn’t nearly as good, however, and after losing his scholarship he threw his $27 drum set into Lake Osceola and left for North Carolina.

Gabe Dixon, often compared to Ben Folds, had better luck. He and his bandmates all received degrees from Miami’s music school and were signed to Reprise/Warner Bros. after moving to Brooklyn, their tight live sound honed by countless performances at the Wesley Coffeehouse.

The Gabe Dixon Band’s Live at World Caf

Seniors Emily Gossett, Millie Chokshi, and Jason Kaplan are eager to implement their platform throug ...

Follow the sights and sounds of the pregame festivities in Orlando leading up to Saturday’s big game ...

A team of researchers created the first mapping model of its kind to track how hate spreads and adap ...

University of Miami professors who study water treatment and civil engineering say that water contam ...

University of Miami experts in health geography, law, and public health weigh in on some of the issu ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.