Culture

CD REVIEWS – Gabe Dixon Band shows talent, unique sound

Back in the 80s, Ben Folds was enrolled in the University of Miami’s jazz program, thanks to a stellar drum set audition tape. His live drumming wasn’t nearly as good, however, and after losing his scholarship he threw his $27 drum set into Lake Osceola and left for North Carolina.

Gabe Dixon, often compared to Ben Folds, had better luck. He and his bandmates all received degrees from Miami’s music school and were signed to Reprise/Warner Bros. after moving to Brooklyn, their tight live sound honed by countless performances at the Wesley Coffeehouse.

The Gabe Dixon Band’s Live at World Caf

The initiative has been tracking public health policy response data to determine how swift or lax im

Public health experts Erin Kobetz and Guillermo “Willy” Prado officially join Provost Jeffrey Duerk’

In response to George Floyd’s death, the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs and the Counseling

Canes on Canes, a student organization, will host an informative online discussion about the anticip

Victoria Coverstone, a University of Miami mechanical and aerospace engineer, answers some questions