VISION Nightclub opens up a new outlet for Grove party addicts

Both grove regulars and grove rookies can sleep easier knowing the party will never stop after Coco Walk’s most recent addition of Vision Nightclub. Officially launched in April of 2005, Vision is located on the fourth level of Coco Walk and opens its doors every Tuesday through Sunday at 10 p.m. with the party continuing until 5 a.m.

As an alternative to hitting the local bar on Thursday nights, Vision offers college students 18 and older three rooms of music ranging from hip-hop and R&B in the main room, to salsa and reggaeton in the side room and house on the terrace. On Friday and Saturday nights, live music is broadcasted from the club by Power 96.5 and El Zol 95.7. With multiple full-service bars, booths with personal televisions and pool tables in the back, Vision offers both the dance floor and the entertainment.

Vision Nightclub not only caters to students from the University of Miami, but holds more personal ties to the school. Members of the football team have been spotted at the club greeting general manager Freddie Capshaw, who is not only University of Miami alumni, but also a former football player for the university. After serving as the team’s punter from 1998-2002, Capshaw went on to play with the San Francisco 49ers and later found himself back in Miami for training and working part time under Shawn Shahnazi. When Shahnazi bought Vision Nightclub, formerly known as Margarita Momma’s, Capshaw was promoted to general manager and now wants to accommodate students of his alma mater. Most recently, he helped Vision host the popular “Freshman Disorientation” party held on Aug. 22.

“A large college crowd can’t get into places like Moe’s or Sandbar so we like to cater to them,” Capshaw said.

Vision is one of the few nightclubs in the grove that not only provides for the younger college crowd, but also takes care of its older cliental, offering free drinks for ladies until midnight on Thursdays and a VIP room with twelve tables and plenty of lush red couches to hold around 200 club attendees. The dance floor and bar upstairs can accommodate almost 1100 people, and after renovations downstairs are completed, the newly named Apple Martini will be able to accommodate 600 people in its sophisticated lounge like atmosphere.

However, Thursday nights are not the only night to be found partying at Vision; on Tuesday nights, Vision hosts its popular beer pong and pool tournaments and on Wednesday nights, ladies 21 and older have no cover and drink free before 11 p.m.

Depending on the night, cover charge can range from free to $10 and dress code is always enforced so plan appropriately. For table reservations, guest list information or to book a private party, call 305-461-1118.

Bari Lieberman can be contacted at b.lieberman@miami.edu.

Vision Nighclub

3015 Grand Avenue, 4th Floor Coconut Grove, FL

Tel: (305) 461-1118

Fax: (305) 461-1016

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...

The University of Miami track and field program garnered 20 entries in the 2019 NCAA East Preliminar ...

Miami's schedule features seven matches against teams that reached the NCAA Championship. ...