Treat painful piercings carefully

I have a penis piercing, and whenever I have sex with my girlfriend it hurts a lot. I don’t want to take it out, but I think that I may have to remove it for mine and my girlfriend’s sake. What do you think?

Dear Reader,

Uhhh, what the hell? So, is it suddenly really cool to get your nasty pierced? Has it turned into the new bellybutton? Anyway, if it’s a recent piercing, then it is definitely not a good idea to have sex/do whatever you do down there for two months (bet you’re regretting getting that bad boy pierced hmm?). You see, a piercing is no different than an open wound and it takes time for your poor body to adjust to your brain’s masochistic desires. Obviously, you wouldn’t go rubbing a bloody blister against any hard or soft or yes, lubricated surface-what a mess-lest it develop into a really bad and horrifying infection or even tear the affected area of your body to, gulp, shreds. Do you get my drift here?

If, however, you’ve had this piercing in for a while and it has just started giving you trouble, perhaps you should head to a doctor for a quick examination. Though I’m not totally familiar with the complete details (the enigma, if you will) of the penis piercing, I am aware that the grand old Prince Albert is not one’s only option when it comes to piercing that region of the body. In any case, it is completely possible for any piercing, including yours, to become infected whenever it damn well pleases and for any inexplicable reason, though it is unusual for you to experience shrill pain from the piercing during sexual activity. I’m sure it’s a pretty safe bet that you’re not rubbing your schlong in a Petri dish full of bacteria, but I’m also sure that all of the necessary friction down there could lead to something very dramatic and painful and even introduce bacteria into the piercing; nothing like a crusty and pus-filled penis piercing to really spice things up. Furthermore, if you are not using condoms, there is the potential to infect your partner with these undesirable microbes. Yum. Oh, and P.S., make sure that you’re buying appropriately sized condoms for yourself, as your run of the mill Trojan is not made to accommodate both you and your piercing.

If you think that you might have some kind of infection, it might be very helpful to soak, ahem, yourself in a homemade saline solution (1/4 teaspoon of table salt to every 8 oz. of warm distilled water) in order to clean out the piercing, and revitalize blood circulation to the piercing. Furthermore, make sure that you’re washing that baby every single day with an anti-bacterial soap or one that is specially formulated for a piercing as many drugstore- brand soaps can become very irritating and drying with prolonged use. Do not try to use any kind anti-bacterial gel, oil-based or not (Neosporin etc.) as it will probably do more harm than good and end up clogging the piercing or worse, lead to some kind of irksome allergic reaction on your sensitive parts. Lastly, do remember that though you may adore your penis piercing it’s probably not worth sacrificing your relationship or your sex life for the bling down there, and if you think it is, boy, you need to do some serious reprioritizing.

Best of luck!

V.

Fact O’ the Day…On average a man will have around nine erections each and every day.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...

The University of Miami soccer team will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., Friday night as the team kicks ...

The University of Miami's volleyball team returns to the Knight Sports Complex on Saturday at 3 ...

University of Miami head men's tennis coach Aljosa Piric revealed Friday the team's schedu ...