President Shalala reaches out to new students via podcast

The University of Miami recently launched its first podcast, capitalizing on the latest trend in digital communications. Podcasting is a method of distributing audio broadcasts via the Internet. The first podcast features President Shalala sharing her “Top-Ten List for New Students.” Visitors to the podcast Web page-www.miami.edu/canescast-can listen to the file on their computers or download it to their MP3 players.

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...