Keeping up with the storm things to do during a hurricane………..

Hurricane Fashions

Despite the rain, thunder and lightning, dressing for weather doesn’t have to be a drag.

. Inexpensive umbrellas

. Wellies or rainboots

. Sperry’s for guys or girls

. Rubber flip-flops

. Waders (if the H20 gets that deep)

. Raincoats (avoid pricey brands)

Non-perishable foods that won’t threaten your appetite:

. Chocolate chip cookies

. Chips and salsa

. Mixed bags of candy

. Teddy grahams

. Mixed nuts

If you’re a health nut, stock up on rice cakes, organic chips, 100-calorie snack packs, non-salted nuts and dried fruits.

Buy candles with a muted smell like vanilla or sandalwood to mask the smell of rotting food, body odor and flood water.

Music

Load different music onto a charged iPod to help take the brain off the heat if electricity is lost.

Mellow

. Jack Johnson

. The Shins

. Coldplay

Upbeat

. Foo Fighters

. Black Eyed Peas

. Scissor Sisters

Things to remember!

Cell phones usually have games.Books and magazines can still be read by flashlight or candlelight

The hours spent inside are a good time to practice or learn card games.

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

It would be hard to blame Avery Huff for rethinking his commitment to the Miami Hurricanes right now ...

The losses keep coming for Miami Hurricanes football and Mark Richt. And this feels like the biggest ...

The University of Miami is losing the architect of one of the nation’s best defenses. UM defensive c ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

A UM medical team has released the first report of acute symptoms and clinical findings in 25 person ...

UM public relations students unveiled their plans to reposition March for Our Lives to attract colle ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...