Keeping up with the storm things to do during a hurricane………..

Hurricane Fashions

Despite the rain, thunder and lightning, dressing for weather doesn’t have to be a drag.

. Inexpensive umbrellas

. Wellies or rainboots

. Sperry’s for guys or girls

. Rubber flip-flops

. Waders (if the H20 gets that deep)

. Raincoats (avoid pricey brands)

Non-perishable foods that won’t threaten your appetite:

. Chocolate chip cookies

. Chips and salsa

. Mixed bags of candy

. Teddy grahams

. Mixed nuts

If you’re a health nut, stock up on rice cakes, organic chips, 100-calorie snack packs, non-salted nuts and dried fruits.

Buy candles with a muted smell like vanilla or sandalwood to mask the smell of rotting food, body odor and flood water.

Music

Load different music onto a charged iPod to help take the brain off the heat if electricity is lost.

Mellow

. Jack Johnson

. The Shins

. Coldplay

Upbeat

. Foo Fighters

. Black Eyed Peas

. Scissor Sisters

Things to remember!

Cell phones usually have games.Books and magazines can still be read by flashlight or candlelight

The hours spent inside are a good time to practice or learn card games.

University of Miami experts discuss the potential mental health impacts in the Bahamas following Hur ...

The Fall Lecture series explores topics on accelerated resolution therapy treatments, pain managemen ...

As the Bahamas urges tourists to visit its islands unaffected by Hurricane Dorian, University of Mia ...

Katya Saunders, president of the Bahamian Students Association, is leading a relief effort to help h ...

The uniqueness of the University of Miami—as a place to live, learn, share knowledge, and innovate—s ...

Jimmy Murphy insists his life hasn't changed (much) after his internet-breaking touchdown and c ...

Hurricanes standouts Mykea Gray and Beatrice Mompremier have the opportunity of a lifetime this week ...

Miami Athletics announced Wednesday the completion of the new Boich Family Scoreboard at the Neil Sc ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba, the reigning NCAA singles champion, opens the 2019-20 season ranked second i ...

This weekend, Canes men's tennis coach Aljosa Piric became a U.S. Citizen – and reflected on th ...