Keeping up with the storm things to do during a hurricane………..

Hurricane Fashions

Despite the rain, thunder and lightning, dressing for weather doesn’t have to be a drag.

. Inexpensive umbrellas

. Wellies or rainboots

. Sperry’s for guys or girls

. Rubber flip-flops

. Waders (if the H20 gets that deep)

. Raincoats (avoid pricey brands)

Non-perishable foods that won’t threaten your appetite:

. Chocolate chip cookies

. Chips and salsa

. Mixed bags of candy

. Teddy grahams

. Mixed nuts

If you’re a health nut, stock up on rice cakes, organic chips, 100-calorie snack packs, non-salted nuts and dried fruits.

Buy candles with a muted smell like vanilla or sandalwood to mask the smell of rotting food, body odor and flood water.

Music

Load different music onto a charged iPod to help take the brain off the heat if electricity is lost.

Mellow

. Jack Johnson

. The Shins

. Coldplay

Upbeat

. Foo Fighters

. Black Eyed Peas

. Scissor Sisters

Things to remember!

Cell phones usually have games.Books and magazines can still be read by flashlight or candlelight

The hours spent inside are a good time to practice or learn card games.

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...