WVUM, the indie voice of UM

Dubbed as the independent voice of the University of Miami, WVUM 90.5 FM is the student-un radio station on campus. Boasting songs by underground bands, talk shows and live sports commentary, WVUM covers many aspects of on-air coverage.
Broadcasting from its center office in the University Center, the radio transmit reaches most of the Miami area, appealing to students and the community. Although the music played is predominantly underground, the station also plays folk, blues, country and jazz. For the rest of the week, nights are metal, rock, old-school hip-hop and call-in radio.
Opportunities are available for students to participate both on- and off-air at WVUM, from being a DJ to working in public relations.
Incorporating interviews, free giveaways and some Sunday Morning News, the radio station has excellent programming and student involvement. Ready for renovation because of old equipment, the station will also be getting a facelift soon, thanks to a student supported referendum on last semester’s election ballot.

Tune into WVUM 90.5 FM for a taste of the independent voice of the University of Miami or visit www.wvum.org for more information.

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...