WVUM, the indie voice of UM

Dubbed as the independent voice of the University of Miami, WVUM 90.5 FM is the student-un radio station on campus. Boasting songs by underground bands, talk shows and live sports commentary, WVUM covers many aspects of on-air coverage.
Broadcasting from its center office in the University Center, the radio transmit reaches most of the Miami area, appealing to students and the community. Although the music played is predominantly underground, the station also plays folk, blues, country and jazz. For the rest of the week, nights are metal, rock, old-school hip-hop and call-in radio.
Opportunities are available for students to participate both on- and off-air at WVUM, from being a DJ to working in public relations.
Incorporating interviews, free giveaways and some Sunday Morning News, the radio station has excellent programming and student involvement. Ready for renovation because of old equipment, the station will also be getting a facelift soon, thanks to a student supported referendum on last semester’s election ballot.

Tune into WVUM 90.5 FM for a taste of the independent voice of the University of Miami or visit www.wvum.org for more information.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

On a historic afternoon for redshirt senior goalkeeper Phallon Tullis-Joyce, the University of Miami ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The Miami women's tennis team wrapped up competition Sunday at the ITA Southeast Regional Champ ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...