WVUM, the indie voice of UM

Dubbed as the independent voice of the University of Miami, WVUM 90.5 FM is the student-un radio station on campus. Boasting songs by underground bands, talk shows and live sports commentary, WVUM covers many aspects of on-air coverage.
Broadcasting from its center office in the University Center, the radio transmit reaches most of the Miami area, appealing to students and the community. Although the music played is predominantly underground, the station also plays folk, blues, country and jazz. For the rest of the week, nights are metal, rock, old-school hip-hop and call-in radio.
Opportunities are available for students to participate both on- and off-air at WVUM, from being a DJ to working in public relations.
Incorporating interviews, free giveaways and some Sunday Morning News, the radio station has excellent programming and student involvement. Ready for renovation because of old equipment, the station will also be getting a facelift soon, thanks to a student supported referendum on last semester’s election ballot.

Tune into WVUM 90.5 FM for a taste of the independent voice of the University of Miami or visit www.wvum.org for more information.

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...