Student involvement: the best way to a well-rounded experience

Get involved-the phrase couldn’t be any more overplayed as fresh faces and even returning students step back onto college campuses at the beginning of fall semester. Yet, getting involved is one of the most prominent messages delivered to students because it is a statement that couldn’t be any truer. College can be intimidating, and getting absorbed with student organizations, volunteer work or a campus job is the simplest way to meet fellow students, develop relationships with faculty and staff and learn skills to last a lifetime.

Supporting more than 200 student organizations that range from Soccer Club to yearbook to SalsaCraze, the University of Miami provides many opportunities for students to get involved on campus and extend learning beyond the classroom. The University offers involvement opportunities in anything from Student Government and honor societies to cultural and ethnic organizations, so that almost every interest can be fulfilled by at least one student group, if not more. By getting involved students can capitalize on already harbored interests, build a social network, learn leadership and communication skills, and even build a r

One of the reasons Manny Diaz overhauled his recruiting department when he took over as UM’s coach i ...

Connor McLaughlin never gave much thought to the Miami Hurricanes when he was younger. Even though h ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

Academics met at the University of Miami to plan the next phase of a study looking at how journalist ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team secured her spot in the NCAA ...

Six members of the Miami track and field team earned a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships i ...

Former Miami women's basketball standout Emese Hof will begin her overseas professional career ...

It took extra innings, but the Canes dropped their final game of pool play at the 2019 ACC Baseball ...

The Student-Athlete Development department has grown in size and scope and become an integral part o ...