Student involvement: the best way to a well-rounded experience

Get involved-the phrase couldn’t be any more overplayed as fresh faces and even returning students step back onto college campuses at the beginning of fall semester. Yet, getting involved is one of the most prominent messages delivered to students because it is a statement that couldn’t be any truer. College can be intimidating, and getting absorbed with student organizations, volunteer work or a campus job is the simplest way to meet fellow students, develop relationships with faculty and staff and learn skills to last a lifetime.

Supporting more than 200 student organizations that range from Soccer Club to yearbook to SalsaCraze, the University of Miami provides many opportunities for students to get involved on campus and extend learning beyond the classroom. The University offers involvement opportunities in anything from Student Government and honor societies to cultural and ethnic organizations, so that almost every interest can be fulfilled by at least one student group, if not more. By getting involved students can capitalize on already harbored interests, build a social network, learn leadership and communication skills, and even build a r

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...