Ring Theatre puts on student shows

Celebrating more than 60 years of service to the University of Miami, the Jerry Herman Ring Theatre has brought dozens of plays and musicals to campus. Since 1946, the Ring Theatre has presented high quality theatrical entertainment in its historical campus building.

The productions star the top students of the UM Department of Theatre Arts, under the direction of the department’s experienced faculty. Located on the Miller Drive entrance to campus, the Ring has even been known as the starting stage for alums like Sylvester Stallone, Ray Liotta, Ernie Sabella and Gail Edwards.

The building, remodeled in 1996, accommodates many different seating and stage arrangements, allowing for flexibility and creativity. The theatre is named in honor of UM alumnus Jerry Herman, who wrote music and lyrics for Broadway legends such as Hello, Dolly!, Dear World and La Cage aux Folles.

The 2005-2006 season will feature shows Bat Boy: The Musical, Styne After Styne, How I Learned to Drive, The Exonerated, Electra and The Music Man on the stage.

As an added bonus for students, the Ring initiated “Totally Tuesday” in 2002, making Tuesday night performances free for students. For extreme theatre enthusiasts, season tickets are available for $30 with excellent assigned seats for all six shows.

For more information call the box office at 305-284-3355 or visit www.miami.edu/ring.

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...