Ring Theatre puts on student shows

Celebrating more than 60 years of service to the University of Miami, the Jerry Herman Ring Theatre has brought dozens of plays and musicals to campus. Since 1946, the Ring Theatre has presented high quality theatrical entertainment in its historical campus building.

The productions star the top students of the UM Department of Theatre Arts, under the direction of the department’s experienced faculty. Located on the Miller Drive entrance to campus, the Ring has even been known as the starting stage for alums like Sylvester Stallone, Ray Liotta, Ernie Sabella and Gail Edwards.

The building, remodeled in 1996, accommodates many different seating and stage arrangements, allowing for flexibility and creativity. The theatre is named in honor of UM alumnus Jerry Herman, who wrote music and lyrics for Broadway legends such as Hello, Dolly!, Dear World and La Cage aux Folles.

The 2005-2006 season will feature shows Bat Boy: The Musical, Styne After Styne, How I Learned to Drive, The Exonerated, Electra and The Music Man on the stage.

As an added bonus for students, the Ring initiated “Totally Tuesday” in 2002, making Tuesday night performances free for students. For extreme theatre enthusiasts, season tickets are available for $30 with excellent assigned seats for all six shows.

For more information call the box office at 305-284-3355 or visit www.miami.edu/ring.

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...