Ring Theatre puts on student shows

Celebrating more than 60 years of service to the University of Miami, the Jerry Herman Ring Theatre has brought dozens of plays and musicals to campus. Since 1946, the Ring Theatre has presented high quality theatrical entertainment in its historical campus building.

The productions star the top students of the UM Department of Theatre Arts, under the direction of the department’s experienced faculty. Located on the Miller Drive entrance to campus, the Ring has even been known as the starting stage for alums like Sylvester Stallone, Ray Liotta, Ernie Sabella and Gail Edwards.

The building, remodeled in 1996, accommodates many different seating and stage arrangements, allowing for flexibility and creativity. The theatre is named in honor of UM alumnus Jerry Herman, who wrote music and lyrics for Broadway legends such as Hello, Dolly!, Dear World and La Cage aux Folles.

The 2005-2006 season will feature shows Bat Boy: The Musical, Styne After Styne, How I Learned to Drive, The Exonerated, Electra and The Music Man on the stage.

As an added bonus for students, the Ring initiated “Totally Tuesday” in 2002, making Tuesday night performances free for students. For extreme theatre enthusiasts, season tickets are available for $30 with excellent assigned seats for all six shows.

For more information call the box office at 305-284-3355 or visit www.miami.edu/ring.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...

Junior averaged 11.4 points and 6.7 rebounds per game last season. ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

A duo of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes advanced through to the Round of 16 ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...