Munch at the Rat

Relax on the swaying tables, play pool or simply enjoy a chicken wrap and a true vanilla milkshake. Hidden among the trees on the west side of Lake Osceola on campus, the Rathskeller is the UM restaurant, bar, entertainment hall and general afternoon hangout spot.

Relatively near the center of campus and staffed completely by smiling students, the Rat is an on-campus home for music and food lovers. Known for supporting student groups, local bands and blasting good tunes during regular hours, the Rat is two stories full of entertainment. The surrounding outdoor patio and full restaurant occupy the first floor, allowing plenty of space for eating and socializing, not to mention the extra-large salads, chicken fingers and beverages for affordable prices. Pool tables, televisions and plush leather couches comprise the top floor, functioning as a typical sports bar.

Furthermore, when the Rat isn’t packed with students cheering on bands or fellow Greeks, the Rathskeller Advisory Board sponsors activities such as Freaky Friday, where free food is a staple. Whether students are hanging out for the afternoon or attending a scheduled event, the Rathskeller is a definite campus hotspot.

Hours: Monday to Friday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

NFL Sundays noon to 8 p.m.

The Marlins — along with a handful of other teams — haven’t signed a single player from another team ...

The 2019 Miami Hurricanes coaching staff is now in place and ready to rumble. Though the Hurricanes ...

The last time Tyree St. Louis played something other than tackle, by coincidence, was the last time ...

Manny Diaz might as well have been the head of the National Weather Service on Tuesday. At 7:27 p.m. ...

Even after landing Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, the Hurricanes aren’t done looking for quarterb ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

The singer, songwriter, actress, and entrepreneur will share insights and advice from her more than ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

Canes have won six of last 10 meetings with UNC. ...

The Miami women's basketball team earned its first victory at Cameron Indoor Stadium with a 58- ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...