Munch at the Rat

Relax on the swaying tables, play pool or simply enjoy a chicken wrap and a true vanilla milkshake. Hidden among the trees on the west side of Lake Osceola on campus, the Rathskeller is the UM restaurant, bar, entertainment hall and general afternoon hangout spot.

Relatively near the center of campus and staffed completely by smiling students, the Rat is an on-campus home for music and food lovers. Known for supporting student groups, local bands and blasting good tunes during regular hours, the Rat is two stories full of entertainment. The surrounding outdoor patio and full restaurant occupy the first floor, allowing plenty of space for eating and socializing, not to mention the extra-large salads, chicken fingers and beverages for affordable prices. Pool tables, televisions and plush leather couches comprise the top floor, functioning as a typical sports bar.

Furthermore, when the Rat isn’t packed with students cheering on bands or fellow Greeks, the Rathskeller Advisory Board sponsors activities such as Freaky Friday, where free food is a staple. Whether students are hanging out for the afternoon or attending a scheduled event, the Rathskeller is a definite campus hotspot.

Hours: Monday to Friday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

NFL Sundays noon to 8 p.m.

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

It’s impossible for the Miami Hurricanes to ignore all the negative feedback which comes along with ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers’ win against the Virginia Tech Hokies was, for all intents and purposes, alr ...

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

The Canes know the importance a win over Virginia Tech on Saturday can have heading into the final w ...

The University of Miami women's golf team announced Thursday that international amateur standou ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

Tournament runs Nov. 21-24, 2019, in Charleston, S.C. ...