Munch at the Rat

Relax on the swaying tables, play pool or simply enjoy a chicken wrap and a true vanilla milkshake. Hidden among the trees on the west side of Lake Osceola on campus, the Rathskeller is the UM restaurant, bar, entertainment hall and general afternoon hangout spot.

Relatively near the center of campus and staffed completely by smiling students, the Rat is an on-campus home for music and food lovers. Known for supporting student groups, local bands and blasting good tunes during regular hours, the Rat is two stories full of entertainment. The surrounding outdoor patio and full restaurant occupy the first floor, allowing plenty of space for eating and socializing, not to mention the extra-large salads, chicken fingers and beverages for affordable prices. Pool tables, televisions and plush leather couches comprise the top floor, functioning as a typical sports bar.

Furthermore, when the Rat isn’t packed with students cheering on bands or fellow Greeks, the Rathskeller Advisory Board sponsors activities such as Freaky Friday, where free food is a staple. Whether students are hanging out for the afternoon or attending a scheduled event, the Rathskeller is a definite campus hotspot.

Hours: Monday to Friday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

NFL Sundays noon to 8 p.m.

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...