Munch at the Rat

Relax on the swaying tables, play pool or simply enjoy a chicken wrap and a true vanilla milkshake. Hidden among the trees on the west side of Lake Osceola on campus, the Rathskeller is the UM restaurant, bar, entertainment hall and general afternoon hangout spot.

Relatively near the center of campus and staffed completely by smiling students, the Rat is an on-campus home for music and food lovers. Known for supporting student groups, local bands and blasting good tunes during regular hours, the Rat is two stories full of entertainment. The surrounding outdoor patio and full restaurant occupy the first floor, allowing plenty of space for eating and socializing, not to mention the extra-large salads, chicken fingers and beverages for affordable prices. Pool tables, televisions and plush leather couches comprise the top floor, functioning as a typical sports bar.

Furthermore, when the Rat isn’t packed with students cheering on bands or fellow Greeks, the Rathskeller Advisory Board sponsors activities such as Freaky Friday, where free food is a staple. Whether students are hanging out for the afternoon or attending a scheduled event, the Rathskeller is a definite campus hotspot.

Hours: Monday to Friday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

NFL Sundays noon to 8 p.m.

Navaughn Donaldson knew one thing mattered above all when he was forced to start playing center ahea ...

This spring hasn’t been easy for Miami redshirt sophomore Tate Martell, the former Ohio State quarte ...

The 2019-20 college basketball season is more than six months away, but the University of Miami Hurr ...

The University of Miami spring game Saturday will be here before you know it, and right about now, c ...

With about a third of the regular season left, the Miami Hurricanes baseball team is on the rise and ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The University of Miami celebrates Earth Day with a host of activities at or near the Lakeside Patio ...

The nation’s oldest and most-widely known academic honor society inducted 45 students from the Colle ...

For the second installment of its “What Matters to U” lecture series, Student Government invited act ...

There is at least one member of House Hurricane in the Seven Kingdoms: alumnus David Nutter, who sha ...

The Canes will battle the Cardinals this weekend in a battle of ranked ACC foes. ...

Michelle Atherley earned the University of Miami track and field program's fourth ACC outdoor h ...

Canes' recruiting class now stands 25th in 247Sports Composite Ranking. ...

Miami head women's basketball coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the signing of Moulayna Joh ...

The fifth-seeded and No. 21-ranked Miami women's tennis team begins ACC Championship action Thu ...