Miami comes alive at night

3426 Main Highway

Coconut Grove

305-444-5270

Bars

Sandbar Bar and Grill

A favorite for students, Sandbar Bar and Grill is one of the top nightspots of the Grove. Renowned for good American food and excellent drink prices, the long line from Thursday to Saturday is proof that what is inside is worth the wait outside. In addition, Sandbar plays host to themed nights such as White Trash Tuesday or Open Mic nights.

3416 Main Highway

Coconut Grove

305-447-3884

Tavern

Literally a hole in the wall, Tavern is surprisingly one of the most notorious spots in the Grove. From the soft rock music to the $6 pitchers and the endless sea of UM students, it’s rare when visitors have space to stand. Despite the dingy look and absence of light, Tavern is a Grove staple. If that doesn’t appeal to you, know that during the filming of upcoming film Miami Vice, Colin Farrell, has thrown back a few beers with Tavern bartenders.

1265 Washington Ave.

Miami Beach

305-534-0667

Playwrights

An Irish pub in South Beach, Playwrights is anything but glamorous. Sitting pretty on the side of Washington Avenue, the neon green sign sticks out among the long lines outside of nearby populars Mansion, B.E.D. and Crobar. Check out the local scene at Playwrights, but be forewarned because the bouncers are tough.

Clubs

136 Collins Ave.

Miami Beach

305-531-5535

Priv

University of Miami’s new/old starting quarterback Malik Rosier thought his college football career ...

You know what the infamous N’Kosi Perry wads-o’-cash video brings to mind for me? The good old days. ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday evening: ▪ Would you like a greater understanding of why ...

As the college football season continues toward the finish line, Bovada updated its odds on who can ...

More misfortune for the University of Miami football program. University of Miami freshman running b ...

Fresh off fall break, News@TheU catches up with students to learn what foods make them feel at home. ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

Miami's offense has shown consistent improvement in practice and it is eager to shine on Friday ...

The University of Miami volleyball program closes out its homestand against instate rival Florida St ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami women's basketball placed fifth in the ACC Coaches' predicted order of finish, w ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team wrapped up competition Tuesday at the ITA Southeast R ...