Miami comes alive at night

3426 Main Highway

Coconut Grove

305-444-5270

Bars

Sandbar Bar and Grill

A favorite for students, Sandbar Bar and Grill is one of the top nightspots of the Grove. Renowned for good American food and excellent drink prices, the long line from Thursday to Saturday is proof that what is inside is worth the wait outside. In addition, Sandbar plays host to themed nights such as White Trash Tuesday or Open Mic nights.

3416 Main Highway

Coconut Grove

305-447-3884

Tavern

Literally a hole in the wall, Tavern is surprisingly one of the most notorious spots in the Grove. From the soft rock music to the $6 pitchers and the endless sea of UM students, it’s rare when visitors have space to stand. Despite the dingy look and absence of light, Tavern is a Grove staple. If that doesn’t appeal to you, know that during the filming of upcoming film Miami Vice, Colin Farrell, has thrown back a few beers with Tavern bartenders.

1265 Washington Ave.

Miami Beach

305-534-0667

Playwrights

An Irish pub in South Beach, Playwrights is anything but glamorous. Sitting pretty on the side of Washington Avenue, the neon green sign sticks out among the long lines outside of nearby populars Mansion, B.E.D. and Crobar. Check out the local scene at Playwrights, but be forewarned because the bouncers are tough.

Clubs

136 Collins Ave.

Miami Beach

305-531-5535

Priv

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...