ARC: A key to success

The Academic Resource Center (ARC) at UM is the place where students come to enhance their academic success.

The ARC offers programs to enhance textbook reading skills, develop organizational management tools and provide insight into establishing effective relationships with professors and instructors, as well how to begin to prepare for life beyond college by taking control and being responsible for today.

All UM students can take advantage of peer tutoring to develop deeper understanding through additional, special or corrective instruction in almost any subject for two hours per week. The ARC is piloting an online tutoring support program that will be available to registered students in the evening when the Center is closed.

The UM Experience (UMX) course has been developed to blend academics with leadership, learning, networking and community-building skills to enrich a student’s collegiate years. In small class settings, the UMX faculty serves as mentors providing individualized attention to new students. UMX provides students with a working knowledge of the University’s academic requirements, advising system, various degree programs, and policies and procedures of the institution.

For students with documented disabilities, the ARC provides services through Accessibility Resources. Academic accommodations are assigned on a case-by-case determination and are subject to documentation review.

The ARC welcomes all students to visit the Center and take advantage of these free services. Its sole purpose is to assist students while they work to achieve their academic goals.

For more information visit www.umarc.miami.edu or call 305-284-4790 or 304-284-2800.

Three of four University of Miami scholarship quarterbacks were suspended at various times this seas ...

While the University of Miami offense has struggled mightily this season, its defense has been stell ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers boast one of the best rushing offenses in the country. On Saturday, the Miam ...

After watching several juniors turn pro and then go late in the draft or not at all in recent years, ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ If you ever wondered what the Hurricanes would look like if ...

Throughout campus, students expressed gratitude that they can be at UM and visit family during the T ...

Vector-borne specialist John Beier tells us what we should know about the illness. ...

Erin Kobetz, director of Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Firefighter Cancer Initiative, disc ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

The Miami women's basketball team jumped two spots to No. 22 nationally in the first in-season ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...