ARC: A key to success

The Academic Resource Center (ARC) at UM is the place where students come to enhance their academic success.

The ARC offers programs to enhance textbook reading skills, develop organizational management tools and provide insight into establishing effective relationships with professors and instructors, as well how to begin to prepare for life beyond college by taking control and being responsible for today.

All UM students can take advantage of peer tutoring to develop deeper understanding through additional, special or corrective instruction in almost any subject for two hours per week. The ARC is piloting an online tutoring support program that will be available to registered students in the evening when the Center is closed.

The UM Experience (UMX) course has been developed to blend academics with leadership, learning, networking and community-building skills to enrich a student’s collegiate years. In small class settings, the UMX faculty serves as mentors providing individualized attention to new students. UMX provides students with a working knowledge of the University’s academic requirements, advising system, various degree programs, and policies and procedures of the institution.

For students with documented disabilities, the ARC provides services through Accessibility Resources. Academic accommodations are assigned on a case-by-case determination and are subject to documentation review.

The ARC welcomes all students to visit the Center and take advantage of these free services. Its sole purpose is to assist students while they work to achieve their academic goals.

For more information visit www.umarc.miami.edu or call 305-284-4790 or 304-284-2800.

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...