Safety Tip of the Week: Here are some safety tips from Director Christensen of the Department of Public Safety.
Top 10 end of school year tips from Public Safety:
* 10. Do not pack your car the night before you leave. It’s like putting all your eggs in one basket.
* 9. Lock your room each time you leave.
* 8. Do not leave anything in plain view in your car.
* 7. Leave nothing unattended. Do not leave suitcases or other valuables on sidewalks, in hallways or anywhere else unattended.
* 6. Put valuables such as expensive jewelry in your carry on luggage. Keep them with you.
* 5. Buckle up, drive safely and don’t drink and drive.
* 4. Get plenty of rest. Avoid driving while you are fatigued.
* 3. Make sure your car is in good running condition before you leave.
* 2. Check-out means check-out. Remove all of your belongings from your room before you check out. Don’t expect to retrieve property from your room or apartment after you have checked out, it may not be there.
* Have a great summer.
Congratulations, seniors. Public Safety wishes each and every one of you the very best in all of your future endeavors.
If you are a victim of a crime, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666, or if calling from a campus phone dial 8-6666.
WEDNESDAY APRIL 20
3:23 p.m. 5501 San Amaro Dr.
9:00 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Theft
THURSDAY APRIL 21
12:42 p.m. 1210 Stanford Dr.
1:50 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Theft
SATURDAY APRIL 23
1:08 a.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
7:32 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
SUNDAY APRIL 24
1:28 p.m. 5638 Merrick Dr. Burglary
4:09 p.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr.
6:14 p.m. 1245 Walsh Ave. Theft
7:48 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr.
8:32 p.m. San Amaro/Brescia Ave
TUESDAY APRIL 26
12:32 p.m. 1311 Miller Drive Harassment
1:50 p.m. 1300 Memorial Dr. Simple Harassment