Hurricane Exclusive: Pike Update

The UM Gamma Omega Chapter of Pi Kappa Alpha International Fraternity was suspended for 30 days on March 21, 2005 under alleged violations of international fraternity policy and the University Code of Conduct, as well as financial delinquency to the national fraternity.

Dr. Pat Whitely, vice president for Student Affairs, issued a statement with the latest update:

The Pi Kappa Alpha International Fraternity has conducted a review of its chapter at the University of Miami. International officials and local alumni have met with the student members and University officials. The chapter has also accepted a variety of conditions for its continued affiliation with the Fraternity, including participation and sponsorship of educational programs, election of new officers and the reconstitution of the chapter’s membership. The reconstituted membership list will be provided to the chapter on May 2. The Fraternity, University, and mutual local alumni are committed to partnering in support of the chapter and in establishing clear conduct expectations.

Patricia A. Whitely

Vice President for Student Affairs

University of Miami

The Miami Hurricanes may have found their future quarterback. Tate Martell, a former four-star recru ...

At 7:27 p.m Tuesday, University of Miami football coach Manny Diaz tweeted a GIF of a swirling Hurri ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ As Miami awaits decisions from its potential 2019 qua ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday night: ▪ FIU has decided that its Nov. 23 football game agains ...

Dewan Hernandez hit another NCAA roadblock on Monday, but the University of Miami forward will take ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

Pictures from the No. 17 Miami women's tennis team's season-opening action in the Miami Sp ...