Hurricane Exclusive: Pike Update

The UM Gamma Omega Chapter of Pi Kappa Alpha International Fraternity was suspended for 30 days on March 21, 2005 under alleged violations of international fraternity policy and the University Code of Conduct, as well as financial delinquency to the national fraternity.

Dr. Pat Whitely, vice president for Student Affairs, issued a statement with the latest update:

The Pi Kappa Alpha International Fraternity has conducted a review of its chapter at the University of Miami. International officials and local alumni have met with the student members and University officials. The chapter has also accepted a variety of conditions for its continued affiliation with the Fraternity, including participation and sponsorship of educational programs, election of new officers and the reconstitution of the chapter’s membership. The reconstituted membership list will be provided to the chapter on May 2. The Fraternity, University, and mutual local alumni are committed to partnering in support of the chapter and in establishing clear conduct expectations.

Patricia A. Whitely

Vice President for Student Affairs

University of Miami

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Patricia “Trish” White, dean of the School of Law, is stepping down at the end of the academic year. ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

Talking Track is a series that features current members of the Miami track and field program, while ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame announced that Trajan Bandy is the 26th recipient of the ...

Stone played in 85 career games at University of Florida. ...

The Miami women's tennis team continued its ascent up the national rankings Tuesday, moving up ...