Hurricane Exclusive: Pike Update

The UM Gamma Omega Chapter of Pi Kappa Alpha International Fraternity was suspended for 30 days on March 21, 2005 under alleged violations of international fraternity policy and the University Code of Conduct, as well as financial delinquency to the national fraternity.

Dr. Pat Whitely, vice president for Student Affairs, issued a statement with the latest update:

The Pi Kappa Alpha International Fraternity has conducted a review of its chapter at the University of Miami. International officials and local alumni have met with the student members and University officials. The chapter has also accepted a variety of conditions for its continued affiliation with the Fraternity, including participation and sponsorship of educational programs, election of new officers and the reconstitution of the chapter’s membership. The reconstituted membership list will be provided to the chapter on May 2. The Fraternity, University, and mutual local alumni are committed to partnering in support of the chapter and in establishing clear conduct expectations.

Patricia A. Whitely

Vice President for Student Affairs

University of Miami

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...

The University of Miami soccer team will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., Friday night as the team kicks ...

The University of Miami's volleyball team returns to the Knight Sports Complex on Saturday at 3 ...

University of Miami head men's tennis coach Aljosa Piric revealed Friday the team's schedu ...