Coach’s Corner

The team had a great rally Friday night to preserve Cesar Carrillo’s unbeaten streak. Was the historic element of Cesar’s streak a factor in the late-inning rally? Do you think the team steps it up when he is pitching?

I think the guys recognize Cesar’s streak and don’t want to break it.

Brandon Camardese looked much better on Saturday. His location was on point throughout his start. Are you more comfortable with him down the stretch in the starting rotation?

He is our for-sure No. 2 starter, so I better be comfortable with him.He’s the one who’s going to be in the game for us down the line.

Can you compare this year’s Florida State team to the past few that you have gone up against? Are they better or worse than in year’s past?

Florida State has a good team every year. They always play hard and are very competitive. And, no matter who they play, they always play good against us, regardless of how they played before going against us.

Does Sunday’s loss put a major damper in the team’s morale, or does the satisfaction of winning a series against a rival override that?

I tried not to emphasize Sunday’s game. We really didn’t play well in all phases of the game. You kind of have to mark that up as a bad game. We’ve got to move on and go play Maryland this week.

What do you think of the hiring of Katie Meier as the new women’s basketball coach, since she was at the game on Saturday?

She has been successful at everything she has done, from being a rookie of the year at Duke to becoming an All-American. I think her resume is outstanding and she has been in the right coaching situations and has gotten great experience in those positions. I have heard nothing but good things about her.

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...