CD REVIEWS

Aqualung

Strange and Beautiful

Mellow, solid vocals. The instrumentals are mostly piano and drums; the lyrics are about forlorn love and dramatic relationships. Music is lethargic but moving. The lyrics seem to be really meaningful and relate to listeners and possible life situations. The vocalist has a sweet sound to his voice and combined with the smooth melody, the music invokes a sense of euphoria. Definitely should be classified as borderline emo; most definitely easy-listening.

Mudvanye

Lost and Found

Typical to the Mudvanye style. Twelve racks of hardcore rock and screaming. Made for intense music listeners. The lyrics deal with serious issues such as suicide, determination for success and death. The melodies, if you can call them that, consist of strong drums and guitar. Meant to be played on the highest volume possible. Host a rock concert and turn up the Mudvanye. Be sure to wear scary makeup and smear fake blood on the walls.

Steel Train

Twilight Tale From the Prairies of the Sun

A combination of folk and slow rock. The five man band presents 15 tracks of upbeat yet soft three-minute mini-stories. Some songs talk of drugs, specific women and alternative subjects. Artwork on the CD is incredible but very out-there. Track 10, “Tickle Your Toes,” begins with a blues feel, but the influences felt from all different genres of music. General feel-good music.

Self Against City

Take It How You Want It

Similar to many emo-punk rock bands. Sounds are reminiscent of Something Corporate and a less-depressing The Postal Service. The lead singer’s voice is pleasant to listen to and good for a long drive. The songs are very drum based. Despite their good sound, they will have to fight for recognition in a genre that is so competitive.

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship one of th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...