SOAR AWARDS WINNERS

The 2005 Student Organization Achievement and Recognition (SOAR) awards were given out last week at a banquet at the Dadeland Marriott Hotel. The following is a list of the winners:

Organization of the Year

United Black Students

Student Organization

Leader of the Year

Billy Bludgus

Silent Inspiration

Andres Berisiartu

Advisor of the Year

Renee Dickens Callan

Excellence in

Programming: Awareness/

Educational

Body Image for Girls and Guys

Excellence in

Programming:

Community Service

COISO and LINK

Excellence in

Programming: Cultural

Indian Students Association

Excellence in

Programming: Innovative

Federaci

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

It’s impossible for the Miami Hurricanes to ignore all the negative feedback which comes along with ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers’ win against the Virginia Tech Hokies was, for all intents and purposes, alr ...

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

The Canes know the importance a win over Virginia Tech on Saturday can have heading into the final w ...

The University of Miami women's golf team announced Thursday that international amateur standou ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

Tournament runs Nov. 21-24, 2019, in Charleston, S.C. ...