SOAR AWARDS WINNERS

The 2005 Student Organization Achievement and Recognition (SOAR) awards were given out last week at a banquet at the Dadeland Marriott Hotel. The following is a list of the winners:

Organization of the Year

United Black Students

Student Organization

Leader of the Year

Billy Bludgus

Silent Inspiration

Andres Berisiartu

Advisor of the Year

Renee Dickens Callan

Excellence in

Programming: Awareness/

Educational

Body Image for Girls and Guys

Excellence in

Programming:

Community Service

COISO and LINK

Excellence in

Programming: Cultural

Indian Students Association

Excellence in

Programming: Innovative

Federaci

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...