LETTER TO THE EDITOR

Re: “Tragedy Hits,” 4/17

I read the article in The Hurricane about Ashley Kelley. It is a very unfortunate event and I agree that some action needs to be taken. The idea of building a pedestrian bridge over U.S. 1 next to UM’s campus is also very interesting to me. You see, I am the President of AIAS (American Institute of Architecture Students) and I am hoping there might be something that we can do to help.

I would like to organize a design competition open to architecture students, looking for designs of a pedestrian bridge. The aim of the competition isn’t necessarily to come up with a winning design for the actual bridge, but it could serve to inspire the community in the hopes of one day building something. Please let me know if there is anyone else I can contact in this matter, or if you can give me any more information. I think it would be a great event for the UM community and one step in making a positive change to this situation.

Thank you,

Chris Glapinski

AIAS President

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

On a historic afternoon for redshirt senior goalkeeper Phallon Tullis-Joyce, the University of Miami ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The Miami women's tennis team wrapped up competition Sunday at the ITA Southeast Regional Champ ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...