INAUGURAL CLASS RING CEREMONY

UM GRADUATION BLING: The first UM class ring ceremony was held Wednesday on the University green. About 300 people, including guests and alumni, attended the event, where 150 students received rings from UM President Donna Shalala. Local NBC affiliate anchor and UM alumna Jackie Nespral spoke and received as ring, as did Shalala, who is shown above right with her ring and Sebastian the Ibis. Students with 60 or more credits had previously ordered and paid for the rings, which were customized with a UM logo for the first time. Above left, some of the ring recipients show off their new piece of jewelry. The University hopes to make the ceremony an annual tradition.

An online seminar sponsored by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas

The first presidential debate between President Donald J. Trump and former vice president and democr

As the Miami Hurricanes take on Florida State, University of Miami students are invited to a Friday-

Linguist Caleb Everett reminds us that the mind has yet to grasp the modern world’s explosion of mas