INAUGURAL CLASS RING CEREMONY

UM GRADUATION BLING: The first UM class ring ceremony was held Wednesday on the University green. About 300 people, including guests and alumni, attended the event, where 150 students received rings from UM President Donna Shalala. Local NBC affiliate anchor and UM alumna Jackie Nespral spoke and received as ring, as did Shalala, who is shown above right with her ring and Sebastian the Ibis. Students with 60 or more credits had previously ordered and paid for the rings, which were customized with a UM logo for the first time. Above left, some of the ring recipients show off their new piece of jewelry. The University hopes to make the ceremony an annual tradition.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...