When They Came Around

Attended by punky 11-year-olds, apathetic 15-year-olds and grungy 17-year-old guys, a Green Day concert wouldn’t quite be complete without a requisite mix of the young and the old. Even a lot of the kids’ parents, attired in Hawaiian print shirts and hippy-esque tie dye enjoyed the concert, although Billy Joe Armstrong and his army could never live up to Bon Jovi, Woodstock, 1984, 1969 and bad LSD trips. Nonetheless, Friday night saw a mixture of all types-including the very fashionably clothed Serena and Venus Williams-rocking out to a lot of Dookie, a little bit of Nimrod, some new American Idiot and an awesome assortment of covers.

As the first stop on the North American leg of the band’s American Idiot Tour, the Convocation Center was treated to a wonderful performance, complete with several rounds of obligatory pyrotechnics by the thirtysomething rockers, guitarist Armstrong, drummer Tr

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that lead her to signing ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Check out the June edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...