Faith Evans gets Five Stars

Faith Evans pulls together Motown sounds with 70s flare in her new CD The First Lady. She lays down the facts about her rehab days in “Again,” the first single from the CD. You won’t be disappointed with this well-produced album, which is Evans’ first album on Columbia since leaving Bad Boy Records.

Many know her as the widow of Biggie, but lets recognize-this woman has voice, a look and some personal power to overcome the battling years with death and drugs she has seen. The opening track, “Goin’ Out,” produced by the highly successful Neptunes, showcases their ability to create a track that’s moving, catchy and overall really good.

Watch out for the funk on “Mesmorized,” you’ll be grooving to the soulful sounds after you turn off the CD-a little Aretha maybe? This track pulls together old soul, a little gospel inspiration and the possibility for a strong live performance. The radio is constantly playing “Hope,” which features Twista. There’s a reason for it-the song is worth it. Evans closes her album with this popular single, pulling together the strong ballads, funk and R&B tracks that fill The First Lady album. This album gets a five out of five-star review. That’s right, all the stars. You can pop this CD in you car, roll down the windows, head to the beach to tan, club or simply to drive so you can to listen to Evans sooth your ears with her soulful voice. Get this CD.

Jake Stone can be contacted at j.stone@umiami.edu.

The Marlins — along with a handful of other teams — haven’t signed a single player from another team ...

The 2019 Miami Hurricanes coaching staff is now in place and ready to rumble. Though the Hurricanes ...

The last time Tyree St. Louis played something other than tackle, by coincidence, was the last time ...

Manny Diaz might as well have been the head of the National Weather Service on Tuesday. At 7:27 p.m. ...

Even after landing Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, the Hurricanes aren’t done looking for quarterb ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

The singer, songwriter, actress, and entrepreneur will share insights and advice from her more than ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

Canes have won six of last 10 meetings with UNC. ...

The Miami women's basketball team earned its first victory at Cameron Indoor Stadium with a 58- ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...