UMNEWS – UM’s Institute for Retired Professionals receives Osher Foundation grant

The Institute for Retired Professionals (IRP) was recently named the recipient of an initial grant from the Bernard Osher Foundation in the amount of $100,000. Contingent on the IRP’s success and growth, the Bernard Osher Foundation will award two additional annual grants in the same amount. In the fourth year, the Institute will be eligible for an endowment of no less than $1,000,000. In recognition of the grant, the IRP will henceforth be known as the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at the University of Miami. The grant will provide for the development of Learning Institute programs and activities. The IRP, sponsored in part by the Office of the Provost, was founded in 1984 to provide educational and social programs for adults aged 50 and over.

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team closed out the 2019 Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegi ...

The University of Miami swimming & diving team begins its run at the 2019 ACC Swimming & Div ...

For the second week in a row, the Miami women's basketball team made the largest leap of any sc ...