UMNEWS – UM’s Institute for Retired Professionals receives Osher Foundation grant

The Institute for Retired Professionals (IRP) was recently named the recipient of an initial grant from the Bernard Osher Foundation in the amount of $100,000. Contingent on the IRP’s success and growth, the Bernard Osher Foundation will award two additional annual grants in the same amount. In the fourth year, the Institute will be eligible for an endowment of no less than $1,000,000. In recognition of the grant, the IRP will henceforth be known as the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at the University of Miami. The grant will provide for the development of Learning Institute programs and activities. The IRP, sponsored in part by the Office of the Provost, was founded in 1984 to provide educational and social programs for adults aged 50 and over.

While the University of Miami has just three Class of 2019 oral commitments on offense, the Canes ha ...

Gerald Willis’ monster season has earned another piece of national recognition. On Monday, the Miami ...

It hasn’t been a great few weeks on the recruiting trail for the Miami Hurricanes with regards to of ...

A six-pack of Heat notes, leading up to Heat-Lakers on Monday night: ▪ In the days before one of his ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...