UMNEWS – UM’s Institute for Retired Professionals receives Osher Foundation grant

The Institute for Retired Professionals (IRP) was recently named the recipient of an initial grant from the Bernard Osher Foundation in the amount of $100,000. Contingent on the IRP’s success and growth, the Bernard Osher Foundation will award two additional annual grants in the same amount. In the fourth year, the Institute will be eligible for an endowment of no less than $1,000,000. In recognition of the grant, the IRP will henceforth be known as the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at the University of Miami. The grant will provide for the development of Learning Institute programs and activities. The IRP, sponsored in part by the Office of the Provost, was founded in 1984 to provide educational and social programs for adults aged 50 and over.

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Paradise Camp continues to pay dividends for the Miami Hurricanes. As the camp wrapped up Saturday, ...

As Manny Diaz puts it, Paradise Camp is the Miami Hurricanes’ bridge between three generations. It s ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Check out the June edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...