Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.
Safety Tip of the Week: Here are some safety tips from Director Christensen of the Department of Public Safety.
* We all use ATMs today but we don’t realize that when we are using them we can be vulnerable since our attention is directed to the machine and not to our surroundings. Here are some common tips you should follow when using an ATM.
* Only use ATMs in a well-lighted, open, high-traffic area. Use ATMs inside busy supermarkets when possible.
* If lights around the ATM are not working, don’t use that machine.
* Avoid ATMs adjacent to obvious hiding places.
* When you approach an ATM, scan the area first for loiterers. Have your card ready and leave quickly, not counting your cash in public.
* Beware of offers for help from strangers during an ATM transaction.
* Don’t argue with a robber, if confronted, give up the cash. Don’t fight with or attempt to follow the robber, drive or walk to a safe place and immediately call the police.
If you are a victim of a crime, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666, or if calling from a campus phone, dial 8-6666.
THURSDAY APRIL 7
5185 Ponce De Leon
5150 Ponce De Leon
FRIDAY APRIL 8
1306 Stanford Drive
MONDAY APRIL 11
1239 Dickinson Drive
1241 Dickinson Drive