Coach’s Corner

Every week, baseball Head Coach Jim Morris will answer questions from readers. Send any questions you might have to e.kalis@umiami.edu.

After two dominating wins on Friday and Saturday, were you surprised at how close Sunday’s game was?

Not really. They flip-flopped their pitching rotation and threw their best pitcher Sunday, so I knew it would be a tough game.

Did this weekend’s series answer any questions you had about the starting rotation?

That’s a continuing process and you don’t know the answer until the end of the season. By then you just go with who’s hot.

Was it annoying at all to have to play at two different sites this weekend?

No. It was great. I enjoyed playing at Virginia Tech’s field and they had a nice facility. Playing at the pro stadium was a great experience for our players and I think they really enjoyed it.

Could you talk about the test that awaits you traveling to UNC to take on the Tar Heels?

It’s going to be a tremendous challenge and we are going up against probably the best pitching staff in the country.

Brendan Katin had another huge series against Va. Tech. He seems to have come a long way in two years here. Can you talk about his progress since he’s been here?

Brendan has a ton of potential, unlimited potential. There’s no telling how far he can go. I think he has the potential to play in the Major Leagues if everything falls into place. I was very happy for him this past weekend with the way he played. He played great.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Stone played in 85 career games at University of Florida. ...

Come join head coach Manny Diaz and the Miami Hurricanes football program in the brand new Carol Sof ...

The Miami women's tennis team continued its ascent up the national rankings Tuesday, moving up ...